HSBC launches clearing services for securities lending, borrowingApril 18th, 2008 - 4:16 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 18 (IANS) Financial services major HSBC Friday said it has launched clearing services for institutional investors who participate in securities lending and borrowing (SLB) transactions. The transactions will be permitted in the country from April 21.
“With this service, clients will benefit from a single window solution, settlement efficiency, timely and comprehensive reporting capabilities, and enhanced flexibility in managing their securities and funds to meet investment objectives,” Vikramaaditya, head of HSBC’s India Securities Services, said in a statement issued here.
Local and cross-border investors can now clear their SLB transactions, in addition to their equity, debt and derivative trades, through HSBC. This will provide investors an opportunity to earn incremental returns on their securities and develop multiple trading strategies for their investment, the statement said.
- 'Qualified foreign investors can directly invest in equity markets' - Jan 01, 2012
- India allows foreigners to invest in domestic mutual funds - Aug 09, 2011
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- Kingfisher's firm operating schedule in a few days: Mallya - Mar 15, 2012
- Realty industry has little to cheer from budget (Comment) - Mar 18, 2012
- Vodanfone issue: HSBC seeks 'tax clarity' from government - Apr 12, 2012
- Mefcom Capital signs pact with London merchant bank - Sep 08, 2011
- Investment banking firms Mefcom, Beaufort sign accord - Jul 28, 2011
- What do ratings, outlook downgrades mean? - Apr 25, 2012
- P-notes holders will not be taxed: Mukherjee - Mar 30, 2012
- New tax saving scheme for equity investment, STT cut proposed - Mar 16, 2012
- FII investment raised in government and corporate securities - Sep 23, 2010
- Bourses allowed to set derivative contract expiry date - Nov 13, 2009
- Budget fails to impress markets, Sensex tanks 210 points (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- India raises overseas investment limit in government, corporate bonds (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: capabilities, cross border, efficiency, financial services, flexibility, hsbc, India, institutional investors, investment objectives, securities services, service clients, trades, trading strategies