HPCL to set up Rs.4 bn jatropha farm in ChhattisgarhJuly 14th, 2008 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 14 (IANS) Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) will pump in Rs.4 billion in Chhattisgarh during the next three years for undertaking massive jatropha plantations, a rich source of bio-fuel. The company would also set up a bio-diesel plant in the state. The public sector company signed a tri-partite agreement in this regard Monday with the Chhattisgarh government and the state-owned Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA) to form a joint venture company to undertake the project in the state.
HPCL, a Fortune 500 company, will hold 74 percent equity and CREDA will have 26 percent stake in the company.
HPCL would extract oil from the entire yield of jatropha seeds from 15,000 hectares in the plant and market it through a network of retail outlets across the state.
“Under the agreement, HPCL will take up jatropha plantation on more than 15,000 hectares of government-owned wasteland in the state,” CREDA director S.K. Shukla told reporters.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh who attended the function said: “The state will be known as a leading bio-fuel producing state during coming years.” About 400 million jatropha saplings have been planted in the state during the past four years.
- Jatropha saplings destroyed in Chhattisgarh - Aug 02, 2010
- Government told to decide fast on bio-fuels programme: Parliament panel - May 07, 2012
- 100 million Jatropha saplings planted in Chhattisgarh - Feb 11, 2009
- 32 kids hospitalised after eating jatropha seeds - Oct 12, 2010
- Cuba unveils its first biodiesel plant - Jul 17, 2012
- Successful biofuel flight conducted in Mexico - Apr 03, 2011
- Indian company in Ethiopia for bio-fuel production - Dec 07, 2009
- Centre initiates research on second generation bio-fuels - Mar 12, 2010
- Cuba tests biofuel vehicle - Jul 23, 2012
- Six kids eat jatropha seeds, critically ill - Jan 02, 2010
- CII proposes bio-diesel price hike - Jan 02, 2011
- General Motors looks to run vehicles on biodiesel - Apr 12, 2010
- Chinese plane flies on biofuel - Oct 28, 2011
- NIT Trichy study links nanoparticles to increased biofuel performance - Apr 09, 2011
- Bio-fuel not at cost of food security: FAO - Oct 04, 2011
Tags: bio fuel, chhattisgarh government, chhattisgarh raipur, chief minister, corp ltd, fortune 500 company, hectares, hindustan petroleum, hindustan petroleum corp, jatropha seeds, joint venture company, plantations, public sector company, raman singh, renewable energy development, retail outlets, rich source, saplings, shukla, wasteland