‘Hookah bars’ banned in GurgaonNovember 28th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Nov 28 (IANS) Authorities in Gurgaon Monday imposed a ban on the running of “Hookah bars” in the entire district with immediate effect.
District Magistrate P.C. Meena Monday invoked Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code to impose the ban.
The order issued to this effect says that “Hookah Bars” were serving tobacco molasses containing nicotine which is injurious to health of the people, especially the college students and youth.
“The people and young generations are being spoilt by these illegally running Hookah Bars,” the order said.
Meena said that taking the health hazards caused by tobacco into account, the operation of Hookah Bars has been prohibited in the entire district with immediate effect.
Health and district authorities in various districts of Haryana, especially Gurgaon and Panchkula, had last month conducted raids on Hookah bars following complaints that these were promoting tobacco products.
Following test reports, two Hookah Bars in Panchkula were asked to close shop as the quantity of nicotine in their products was found to be more than the permissible limit.
- Hooka bars again banned in Gurgaon - Jul 06, 2012
- Hookah bars banned in Gurgaon - Apr 04, 2012
- As hookah becomes in, it raises health concerns (Lifestyle Feature) - May 06, 2012
- Goa to ban smoking on its beaches next season - Jul 14, 2012
- Punjab bans gutka, pan masala - Aug 27, 2012
- Civic agencies get court notice on illegal hookah bars - Aug 01, 2012
- 30 Bangalore school kids caught smoking 'hookah' in club - Mar 05, 2012
- We Need A Lifetime Of No Tobacco, And Not Merely A Day - May 28, 2010
- Haryana is first state free of hookah bar: Official - Jul 11, 2012
- Haryana raids hookah bars - Oct 27, 2011
- Hookah use common among college students - Apr 06, 2011
- Hookah bars violating anti-smoke rules: NGO - Oct 01, 2011
- Russia to ban hookah smoking in public - Nov 10, 2011
- Himachal bans gutkha, paan masala - Jul 13, 2012
- Young Indian women falling victim to tobacco? - May 31, 2010
Tags: college students, criminal procedure code, district authorities, district magistrate, entire district, generations, health hazards, hookah bars, meena, molasses, nicotine, test reports, tobacco products