Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddyOctober 6th, 2011 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 6 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Thursday urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to announce a bonus of Rs.200 per quintal over and above the minimum support price (MSP) for paddy this season (2011-12).
In a letter to the prime minister, Hooda requested him to reconsider the decision of the central government to enhance the MSP of paddy by just Rs.80 per quintal over last year’s MSP.
“The MSP announced is not adequate to cover the cost of production of paddy. We had recommended to the Government of India to fix Rs.1,350 per quintal for common, Rs.1,450 for fine and Rs.1,550 for superfine varieties of paddy as the MSP,” Hooda said.
The central government has fixed the MSP at Rs.1,080 for common varieties and Rs.1,110 for Grade A varieties this year.
Hooda said a Rs.200 per quintal bonus is necessary for all varieties to ensure remunerative prices to farmers.
Food grain states Punjab and Haryana jointly contribute over 70 percent of the total food grain to the national kitty.
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Haryana paddy procurement to begin Oct 1 - Sep 22, 2011
- Akali Dal rejects hike in paddy, cotton MSP - Jun 01, 2012
- Jharkhand sets up 500 paddy procurement centres - Aug 05, 2011
- Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintal - Jun 14, 2012
- Badal rejects new minimum price for wheat - Oct 08, 2011
- Centre's bonus on wheat unjustified: Badal - Apr 16, 2011
- Jharkhand produces record Kharif crop - Jan 29, 2012
- Badal protests meagre hike in paddy support price - Jun 10, 2010
- Akali Dal slams insufficient paddy support price hike - Jun 10, 2011
- Bihar procures 16 lakh tonnes of paddy - Mar 16, 2012
- Chhattisgarh eyes 5.5 mn tonnes paddy procurement - Nov 24, 2011
- Kashmir sets paddy MSP at Rs.1,080 per quintal - Oct 11, 2011
- Bihar buys six crore gunny bags - Feb 14, 2012
- Hooda seeks Rs.100 a quintal paddy bonus - Oct 26, 2009
Tags: bonus, central government, chandigarh, chief minister, farmers food, food grain, government of india, hooda, kitty, manmohan, manmohan singh, minimum support price, msp, paddy, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, quintal