Honda to set up another engine plant in RajasthanJune 17th, 2009 - 11:51 am ICT by ANI
By Juhan Samuel
Kochi (Kerala), June 17 (ANI): Honda Siel Cars India (HSCIL), a subsidiary of Honda Motor, Japan, plans to set up an engine manufacturing and car assembly plant at an investment of around Rs. 1600 crores in Rajasthan.
This was announced while launching the newly introduced Honda Jazz a premium global car in Kochi on 15, June, 2009.
The car assembly plant in Rajasthan’s Tapukara area will be the second one in the desert state.
“The company has already invested around Rs. 1000 crores for its phase 1 for phase 2 it will be requiring around 600 crores”, said Jnaneswar Sen, Vice President Marketing, Honda Siel Cars India.
The plant is expected to take nearly three years to commence production.
The car maker has also set up a research and development (R&D) team in India comprising 10 engineers, which will be strengthened by up to 20 engineers by the end of this year.
Honda Siel is aiming to make 160,000 cars by the end of 2010 in India.
Honda had doubled manufacturing capacity at its Greater Noida plant to 100,000 units in 2007 and there is no more space available, he added.
The automaker at present manufactures connecting rods and crankshafts in India. The setting of engine and transmission manufacturing plant will also help the company to increase localisation content by 5 per cent to around 75 per cent. (ANI)
- Honda Siel to export engine parts to Japan - Sep 08, 2009
- Honda starts operations at Rajasthan plant - Feb 14, 2012
- Usha sells stake in Honda Siel Cars to Honda Motor - Aug 10, 2012
- Honda eyes 15 percent sales growth - Oct 11, 2011
- Italian firm Sogefi to expand capacity in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Honda to invest $800 mn in Mexico - Aug 14, 2011
- Nissan to make diesel engines in India - Nov 17, 2011
- Honda targets sales of 21 lakh mobikes, scooters - May 11, 2011
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Honda bike plant - Feb 17, 2012
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Honda's June sales down 24.80 percent - Jul 01, 2011
- Honda Motors to cut India production by 50 percent - Apr 25, 2011
- Caterpillar to expand Indian operations investing $212 million - Dec 01, 2011
- Nissan to unveil diesel variant of Micra in India - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: automaker, car assembly plant, car maker, connecting rods, crankshafts, crores, d team, desert state, global car, honda jazz, honda motor, honda siel cars, honda siel cars india, kochi kerala, manufacturing plant, phase 1, phase 2, rajasthan, research and development, vice president marketing