Honda to recall 97,201 vehicles to address lost motion springs issuesFebruary 17th, 2011 - 9:59 pm ICT by BNO News
TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) — Honda Motor Co. on Wednesday announced that it will recall 97,201 Fit vehicles to address an issue with the lost motion springs components.
Honda will replace lost motion springs components within the engine valvetrain for Fit vehicles of the 2009 and 2010 model years. The automaker encourages all owners of affected vehicles in the U.S. to take them to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification.
The lost motion springs are compressed by rocker arms in normal engine use. However, they may bend or break over time resulting in abnormal engine noise and potentially causing engine damage or stalling.
Honda informed that the issue was detected on time and no crashes or injuries have been reported related to this defect. Notification to customers will begin in early March 2011 by mail.
In October 2010, Honda recalled 471,820 vehicles from Acura and Odyssey vehicles for the model year 2005 to 2007. The action was taken in order to replace a seal in the brake master cylinder.
The recall came just days after Toyota announced that it will conduct a voluntary recall on approximately 1.5 million vehicles worldwide due to a problem with their brake fluid.
Honda has said that the safety of their costumers is its top priority and fulfilling their obligation and responsibility to alert their clients. Honda users can also check online if their vehicle is in need of repairing.
- Honda recalls 57,853 units of 'City' sedan - Feb 17, 2011
- Honda to recall 273,000 vehicles in US - Dec 03, 2011
- Honda to expand recall for faulty airbag inflators in certain vehicles - Feb 10, 2010
- Honda extends its recall, 378758 more vehicles to be recalled - Feb 11, 2010
- Honda to recall 412,000 vehicles over 'soft brake' issue - Mar 17, 2010
- Toyota recalls nearly 100,000 U.S. vehicles over braking concerns - Dec 14, 2010
- Honda recalls over 52,600 vehicles in US - May 18, 2012
- Toyota recalls 420,000 vehicles in the United States - Nov 10, 2011
- Honda to recall over 760,000 cars in China - Aug 06, 2011
- Toyota recalls over 300,000 vehicles to replace airbag sensor - Apr 22, 2011
- Honda to recall approximately 390,000 vehicles - Aug 10, 2010
- Honda To Recall More Cars For Air Bag Problems - Feb 10, 2010
- Toyota, Honda announce production cuts in North America - Apr 09, 2011
- Toyota's Lexus to issue recall on certain models due to faulty engine - Jul 03, 2010
- Toyota issues recall on 1.1 million vehicles - Aug 27, 2010
Tags: 5 million, acura, authorized dealer, automaker, bno, brake fluid, brake master cylinder, costumers, crashes, defect notification, engine noise, honda, honda motor, honda motor co, mail, million vehicles, odyssey, rocker arms, top priority, valvetrain