Honda to launch entry-level bikeSeptember 7th, 2011 - 6:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 7 (IANS) Japanese automobile major Honda’s Indian subsidiary Wednesday said it will launch an entry-level 100 cc motorcycle in the first half of next fiscal.
“We have plans to enter into the 100 cc segment. This will happen by first-half of next fiscal year,” Naresh Kumar Rattan, operating head, (sales, planning and marketing) of Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) told reporters on the sidelines of an event here.
According to Rattan, the move was in line with the company’s plans to expand its presence in the motorcycle segment.
“We are looking to enter into the segment to consolidate our position. Already, we have a waiting period for two of our motorcycles in the country,” Rattan said.
The company will also be launching a new scooter model within this fiscal.
Honda did not disclose any details of the cost of the two models, but said that it is investing upwards of Rs.400 crore in production expansion.
“We are investing in capacity expansion as our motorcycles have a waiting period. We expect to start production at our Rajasthan plant in early 2012 and the third plant in Karnataka by 2012,” Rattan added.
The first HMSI plant is at Manesar, near Gurgaon, in Haryana.
- Honda starts operations at Rajasthan plant - Feb 14, 2012
- Honda targets sales of 21 lakh mobikes, scooters - May 11, 2011
- HMSI launches its second 110 cc bike for mass market - May 15, 2012
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Honda bike plant - Feb 17, 2012
- Honda to make 100cc bike in India - Mar 21, 2011
- Honda India plans to export 110,000 units - May 27, 2010
- Honda to outsource non-critical processes at Gurgaon plant - Feb 12, 2010
- Bajaj eyes 25 percent share in bikes market this year - Apr 21, 2011
- Excise duty hike pushes auto sales up in March (Roundup) - Apr 02, 2012
- Vespa to be back on Indian roads by march 2012 - Sep 06, 2011
- Suzuki looking at India as a two-wheeler export hub - May 15, 2012
- Honda to launch 800cc bike by March 2009 - Jun 30, 2008
- Mahindra to relaunch Stallio motorcycle - Jul 04, 2011
- Honda's third manufacturing unit to be ready in 2013 - Jun 20, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp unveils new range of two-wheelers - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: capacity expansion, crore, fiscal year, gurgaon, hmsi, honda, honda motorcycle, indian subsidiary, japanese automobile, karnataka, level bike, motorcycles, New Delhi, new scooter, presence, production expansion, sales planning, segment, sidelines, waiting period