Honda to expand recall for faulty airbag inflators in certain vehiclesFebruary 10th, 2010 - 3:26 pm ICT by BNO News
TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) – Honda announced on Tuesday a recall expansion that will notify all owners of a number of Honda vehicles to visit an authorized dealer to replace a faulty airbag inflator that can cause injury.
Honda previously announced a recall of certain 2001 and 2002 model-year vehicles to replace the driver’s airbag inflator in an additional 378,758 vehicles in the U.S. The driver’s airbag inflators in these vehicles may deploy with too much pressure, which can cause the inflator casing to rupture and could result in injury or fatality.
In total, Honda said they are aware of 12 incidents related to this issue as of February. Honda concluded that while they are not aware of any events that have occurred after July 2009, they cannot be completely certain that the driver’s airbag inflator in the vehicles being added to this recall at this time will perform as designed, and stated that they will be adding certain 2001 and 2002 Accord, Civic, Odyssey, CR-V, and selected 2002 Acura TL vehicles to this recall.
Honda will be announcing this recall expansion to encourage all owners of these vehicles to take their vehicle to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification from Honda that their vehicle is affected. Notification to customers will start within this month.
Regarding the concern of this nature, Honda said that nothing is more important to the company than fulfilling our obligation and responsibility to alert our customers.
- Honda to recall 273,000 vehicles in US - Dec 03, 2011
- Honda extends its recall, 378758 more vehicles to be recalled - Feb 11, 2010
- Honda to recall 97,201 vehicles to address lost motion springs issues - Feb 17, 2011
- Honda to recall 412,000 vehicles over 'soft brake' issue - Mar 17, 2010
- Toyota recalls over 300,000 vehicles to replace airbag sensor - Apr 22, 2011
- Honda recalls over 52,600 vehicles in US - May 18, 2012
- Toyota to recall over 300,000 SUVs in US - Apr 22, 2011
- Honda recalls cars in China due to airbag defects - Jul 01, 2010
- Honda to recall 437,763 vehicles over faulty air bags - Feb 10, 2010
- Toyota announces voluntary recall on 2003 Sequoia - Apr 29, 2010
- Toyota's Lexus to issue recall on certain models due to faulty engine - Jul 03, 2010
- Toyota issues recall on 1.1 million vehicles - Aug 27, 2010
- Toyota recalls 420,000 vehicles in the United States - Nov 10, 2011
- Honda To Recall More Cars For Air Bag Problems - Feb 10, 2010
- Toyota recalls nearly 100,000 U.S. vehicles over braking concerns - Dec 14, 2010