Honda targets sales of 21 lakh mobikes, scootersMay 11th, 2011 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 11 (IANS) Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI), the 100 percent owned two-wheeler subsidiary of Honda Motor Company, hopes to sell 21 lakh motorcycles and scooters in the country this financial year, a top company executive said Wednesday.
“We sold 16.58 lakh units of motorcycles and scooters in India last fiscal. We are eyeing the sales of about 21 lakh units in the country this fiscal,” HMSI vice president Naresh Kumar Rattan told reporters here.
He said the company was setting up its second production plant at Tapukara in Rajasthan, with a capacity of six lakh units per year in the first phase, pumping in Rs.500 crore.
The first phase of the new facility would be operational in August this year to cater to the 2.5 lakh waiting customers at present, he said. The second phase of the new facility, with a total capacity of six lakh units, would come up later.
The company presently has one production plant at Manesar in Haryana with a total capacity of 16 lakh units.
Stating that at present the company has a market share of 13 percent in India, Rattan said: “We have a portfolio of six motorcycles, three scooters and three Completely Built-Up (CBU) bikes.”
“At the end of this financial year we will launch a new scooter,” he said.
“Presently, we have 425 dealers across the country and we will add another 100 this fiscal,” he added.
- Honda starts operations at Rajasthan plant - Feb 14, 2012
- Honda to launch entry-level bike - Sep 07, 2011
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Honda bike plant - Feb 17, 2012
- Honda India plans to export 110,000 units - May 27, 2010
- Honda's third manufacturing unit to be ready in 2013 - Jun 20, 2012
- Honda to outsource non-critical processes at Gurgaon plant - Feb 12, 2010
- HMSI launches its second 110 cc bike for mass market - May 15, 2012
- Honda Motorcycle logs growth, TVS Motor slips in February - Mar 01, 2012
- Maruti strike spreads to other automobile plants (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Excise duty hike pushes auto sales up in March (Roundup) - Apr 02, 2012
- Now, Harley Davidson bikes in India at slashed prices - Jan 05, 2012
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Talks on suspended workers fail at Honda scooters - Aug 08, 2012
- Yamaha to set up Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu - May 14, 2012
- Honda Motorcycle and Scooter logs growth in March - Apr 02, 2012
Tags: bikes, company executive, haryana, hmsi, honda, honda motor, honda motor company, honda motorcycle, india pvt ltd, lakh units, manesar, market share, motorcycles, new scooter, rajasthan, rattan, rs 500, scooters, second phase, two wheeler