Honda strike anniversary: Curbs on protests in ManesarJuly 24th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 24 (IANS) Assembly of five or more people in Manesar industrial township and area within two km from it in Haryana’s Gurgaon district was banned Tuesday, a day ahead of the seventh anniversary of the workers’ strike at Honda motorcycles unit.
District Magistrate P.C. Meena issued the prohibitory order in view of the Honda workers’ plan to hold a rally Wednesday to mark the seventh anniversary of their strike July 25, 2005, and the recent unrest at Maruti’s plant.
In the orders issued here, the district administration prohibited the gathering of five or more people and carrying of weapons, including fire arms, swords and canes, within IMT Manesar and within two km from its boundary.
Organising any procession without prior permission of the administration was also prohibited, an official said.
The area residents in the Mahapanchayat near Manesar had recently warned Honda workers not to go for the rally.
Workers at Maruti’s Manesar plant July 18 allegedly vandalised the control room and human resources section of the plant and set the sections on fire.
In the incident, Awanish Kumar Dev, a senior executive, died and around 100 employees, including two Japanese, were injured. The police arrested 97 people.
- Mahapanchayat demands CBI probe into Maruti violence - Jul 23, 2012
- 'Police did not intervene in July 18 violence' - Jul 31, 2012
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti management to blame for crisis: AITUC - Jul 27, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki to resume operations at Manesar soon - Aug 14, 2012
- Maruti violence may be planned: cops - Jul 21, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Two killed in workshop collapse in Gurgaon - Jan 22, 2012
- 'Lockout to continue in Maruti's Manesar plant' - Jul 30, 2012
- Trade unions to march in support of Maruti workers - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti worker sent to police custody for 5 days - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti to decide on restarting Manesar plant - Aug 12, 2012
- Maruti deadlock continues as talks fail - Oct 17, 2011
- Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam move - Jul 20, 2012
- Haryana bans Maruti workers' strike - Jun 10, 2011
Tags: anniversary, canes, curbs, district administration, district magistrate, fire arms, gurgaon district, honda, honda motorcycles, human resources section, meena, procession, protests, rally, swords, unrest, weapons