Honda recalls over 52,600 vehicles in USMay 18th, 2012 - 4:17 am ICT by IANS
Washington, May 18 (IANS) Honda Motor Thursday announced it is recalling over 52,600 sedans from 2007 and 2008 models in the US over a defect in the vehicles.
The Japanese automaker is recalling Acura TL sedans on concern of a problem with the power steering hose, Xinhua reported.
The company said the hose may deteriorate and leak over time. Leaking fluid could lead to a loss of power steering assistance or could cause smoke and fire.
However, no crashes, injuries or fires have been reported related to the issue.
The company said owners will be notified of the recall by mail, beginning in mid-June.
Honda recalled 273,000 TL sedans in 2008 for a similar problem.
- Honda to recall 167,225 Acura TSX Sedans - May 02, 2010
- Ford India recalls over 1.28 lakh cars for faulty components - Aug 13, 2012
- Honda to recall 273,000 vehicles in US - Dec 03, 2011
- Honda Recalls 167,255 Units Of Acura TSX - May 02, 2010
- Honda to recall 97,201 vehicles to address lost motion springs issues - Feb 17, 2011
- Honda extends its recall, 378758 more vehicles to be recalled - Feb 11, 2010
- Honda To Recall More Cars For Air Bag Problems - Feb 10, 2010
- Honda to recall 412,000 vehicles over 'soft brake' issue - Mar 17, 2010
- Honda to recall 1,400 cars in South Korea - Sep 14, 2011
- Toyota recalls 420,000 cars in US - Nov 10, 2011
- Honda City cars made in 2007, to be recalled - Feb 01, 2010
- Honda to expand recall for faulty airbag inflators in certain vehicles - Feb 10, 2010
- Honda to recall over 760,000 cars in China - Aug 06, 2011
- Ford recalls 490,000 vehicles over safety flaws - Jan 12, 2012
- Honda to recall 437,763 vehicles over faulty air bags - Feb 10, 2010