Honda Motor quarterly net profit surgesJuly 31st, 2012 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, July 31 (IANS) Automaker Honda’s profit in the second quarter this year surged to 131.72 billion yen ($1.7 billion) on brisk car sales in major global markets.
For the April-June period, the Tokyo-based Honda Motor Co. reported an operating profit of 176.01 billion yen, about eight times more than the previous year, as a result of 2.44 trillion yen sales which jumped 42.1 percent over the same period last year, signalling a recovery from last year’s earthquake and tsunami disaster, reported Xinhua.
The earthquake and tsunami in northeastern Japan and the flooding in Thailand last year disrupted parts supplies and production for all Japanese auto-makers. Honda’s profit for the April-June period last year stood at 31.7 billion yen.
The company, however, stuck to its 470 billion yen net profit forecast for the fiscal year through March 2013. It also expects an operating profit of 620 billion yen on sales of 10.3 trillion yen for the whole fiscal year.
- Honda Japan's nine-month net profit plummets 71 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Hyundai Motor posts operating profit - Jul 26, 2012
- Japan's Panasonic projects wider loss for current fiscal - Feb 03, 2012
- Sony announces $3.1 billion annual loss - May 27, 2011
- Suzuki profits up for full year - May 10, 2010
- Hyundai Motor posts $2 bn operating profit in Q1 - Apr 26, 2012
- Toyota predicts return to black this year despite recalls - Feb 04, 2010
- Honda's operating profit falls 56 percent - Oct 27, 2009
- Japan's April trade deficit expands - May 23, 2012
- Japan posts first annual trade deficit in 31 years in 2011 - Jan 25, 2012
- Japan intervened 5 times in foreign exchange market in Q4 - Feb 07, 2012
- Toyota predicts net loss in current fiscal - Feb 06, 2009
- Honda's net profit plunges 95.6 percent - Jul 29, 2009
- Japan's consumer prices drop a bit in December - Jan 28, 2012
- Samsung Electronics expects record operating profit - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: auto makers, automaker, car sales, earthquake, eight times, fiscal year, flooding in thailand, global markets, honda motor, honda motor co, japanese auto, net profit, northeastern japan, operating profit, previous year, second quarter, trillion, tsunami disaster, xinhua, yen