Honda launches new variant of City sedanDecember 14th, 2011 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 14 (IANS) Automobile manufacturer Honda Wednesday launched a new variant of its mid-size sedan City, priced between Rs.6.99 lakh and Rs.10.22 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The company said the new variant incorporated improved features desired by customers. The car is powered by a 1.5 litre, four cylinder i-VTEC engine, which delivers a 118 PS power along with a fuel economy of 16.8 km per litre.
“It is our constant endeavour to study customers’ emerging demand and introduce features that enhances the overall ownership experience,” said Seki Inaba, director, marketing, Honda Siel Cars India.
While the booking process has started, deliveries would begin only in January, 2012, the company said in statement.
The statement said that the new sedan will come in five grades, ranging from corporate, E, S, V MT/AT and V (sunroof) MT/AT types.
The grade V of the segment that comes with a sunroof has been introduced for the first time, the statement said.
The sedan sports a different look on the exterior with a new chrome front grille, restyled front and rear bumpers and all-new tail lights.
The interiors come with beige-coloured interiors and improved modern centre control panel with chrome fittings.
The sedan, which was launched in 1998, has sold nearly 3.76 lakh units in the Indian market.
- Honda launches new model of Jazz - Aug 18, 2011
- Honda recalls 57,853 units of 'City' sedan - Feb 17, 2011
- Honda launches entry-level hatchback Brio - Sep 27, 2011
- Honda eyes 15 percent sales growth - Oct 11, 2011
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Honda India to replace parts on City sedans - Sep 05, 2011
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Honda launches City Exclusive - Oct 06, 2010
- Usha sells stake in Honda Siel Cars to Honda Motor - Aug 10, 2012
- Hyundai launches new Elantra - Aug 13, 2012
- Nissan launches mid-size sedan Sunny - Sep 20, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches premium sedan Kizashi - Feb 02, 2011
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Honda's June sales down 24.80 percent - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: automobile manufacturer, chrome fittings, control panel, deliveries, director marketing, endeavour, fuel economy, honda, honda siel cars, honda siel cars india, lakh units, mid size, New Delhi, ownership experience, rear bumpers, rs 6, segment, Sports, sunroof, tail lights