Honda launches new super-bike VFR1200FJuly 30th, 2010 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) Japanese automotive manufacturer Honda Friday launched its new 1,200 cc super bike, VFR1200F, hoping to start a new era of sports riding in India.
Priced at a whoping Rs.17.5 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi),
this is Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India’s third offering in the sports biking segment after CB1000R and CBR1000RR Fireblade, which are 1000 cc bikes.
The super bike will be available in the Indian market after August 16 and will give a mileage of 15.9 km a litre if driven on the fuel efficient mode called mode-D.
Company officials said the bike’s unique feature is the fun and sports combination that it offers to customers.
“VFR is the combination of sports and touring capabilities. It is also a high ‘fun’ quotient bike. This concept is driven by advanced customer needs and adaptation of state-of-the-art technologies,” said Shinji Aoyama, president and chief executive, HMSI.
Manufactured at the Honda’s most advanced facility and the mother plant of global motorcycles - the Kumamoto factory in Japan, VFR1200F is a concept driven by extensive customer needs, he said.
The super-bike is said to be armed with a V4-1,237 cc engine which includes latest technology of fuel injection and liquid cooling with the fuel tank capacity of 18.5 litres.
It is expected to usher in the new-age racing technologies in motorcycles in India, with patented dual clutch transmission technology and ergonomically designed engine.
- HMSI launches its second 110 cc bike for mass market - May 15, 2012
- Honda Motorcycle launches six models - Jan 05, 2010
- Honda to make 100cc bike in India - Mar 21, 2011
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Honda bike plant - Feb 17, 2012
- Mahindra Group unveils electric car - Jan 07, 2012
- Yamaha, Honda launch motorbike championships - Jun 02, 2010
- Hero MotoCorp in technology alliance with Italian firm - Sep 13, 2012
- Honda to launch entry-level bike - Sep 07, 2011
- Honda targets sales of 21 lakh mobikes, scooters - May 11, 2011
- Now, Harley Davidson bikes in India at slashed prices - Jan 05, 2012
- Honda starts operations at Rajasthan plant - Feb 14, 2012
- Moto-Rev Team dominate day 1 of racing championship - Jun 02, 2012
- Bajaj launches Discover 125 Sports Tourer - May 14, 2012
- Big grids likely for National Motorcycle Championship - May 29, 2012
- Honda India plans to export 110,000 units - May 27, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,