Honda launches ‘improved’ Activa scooterMarch 27th, 2009 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi,March 27(IANS) Leading two-wheeler manufacturer Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Friday launched a new model of its scooter “Activa” that boasts of an improved mileage among other features.
With an 110-cc engine instead of the earlier 102-cc, the new Honda Activa comes with a 15 percent increased mileage and a technology that enables braking over shorter distances, the company said in a statement.
The New Honda Activa would be available at the price of Rs.39,800 in New Delhi, Rs.41,300 in Pune, Rs.41,340 in Bangalore and Rs.41,320 in Kolkata. All prices are ex-showroom.
“Providing true value for money, Activa has set its own benchmarks and has changed the definition of scooter in India,” said Honda Motorcycle president and chief executive Shinji Aoyama.
“We will launch new Activa by April 15 all over India,” said head of sales and marketing N.K. Rattan.
- Honda launches new super-bike VFR1200F - Jul 30, 2010
- HMSI launches its second 110 cc bike for mass market - May 15, 2012
- Honda to make 100cc bike in India - Mar 21, 2011
- Suzuki unveils new bike, scooter - Jan 05, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp Q2 profit rises 19.4 percent - Oct 18, 2011
- Honda to launch entry-level bike - Sep 07, 2011
- Honda targets sales of 21 lakh mobikes, scooters - May 11, 2011
- Honda to launch 800cc bike by March 2009 - Jun 30, 2008
- Honda starts operations at Rajasthan plant - Feb 14, 2012
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp launches new motorcycle Impulse - Oct 17, 2011
- Honda India plans to export 110,000 units - May 27, 2010
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Hero Honda launches new variant of Super Splendor - Sep 02, 2010
- Suzuki launches 805cc cruiser bike - Nov 28, 2011
Tags: aoyama, bangalore, benchmarks, chief executive, distances, honda, honda activa, honda motorcycle, India, mileage, money, New Delhi, new model, pune, rattan, sales and marketing, scooter new, true value, two wheeler