Home loans up to Rs.15 lakh get 1 percent cheaperJuly 4th, 2012 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) The government Wednesday announced one percent interest subsidy on housing loan up to Rs.15 lakh to give a boost to low-cost housing projects in the country.
The union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh gave a nod to the proposal for extending the scheme of interest subvention of one percent on housing loans up to Rs.15 lakh where the cost of the house does not exceed Rs.25 lakh.
The extended scheme will benefit all house loans availed in financial year 2012-13.
A budgetary provision of Rs.400 crore has been made for the current financial year for implementing the scheme.
Following extension of the scheme, the limit of subsidy for an individual borrower would be Rs.14,912 for a loan of Rs.15 lakh and Rs.9,925 for a loan of Rs.10 lakh, according to an official statement released after the cabinet meeting.
Earlier, the limit for housing loans that were eligible for an interest subsidy of one percent was Rs.10 lakh, where the cost of the house did not exceed Rs.20 lakh.
The National Housing Bank is the nodal agency for implementing the scheme both for scheduled commercial banks and housing finance companies.
- Small home loan borrowers to get 1 percent interest subsidy - Oct 25, 2011
- Interest subsidy on Rs.15 lakh housing loan: Mukherjee - Feb 28, 2011
- Interest subsidy on Rs.15 lakh housing loan: Mukherjee (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Cabinet nod for continuing farmers' loan scheme - Sep 06, 2012
- Cabinet releases Rs.10,091 crore for crop loan subsidies - Sep 06, 2012
- Use incentives to build affordable housing: Minister - Feb 28, 2011
- Making housing affordable: Realty industry needs budget boost (Comment) - Feb 26, 2012
- Use incentives to build affordable housing: Selja (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Handloom weavers to get credit card, interest subsidy - Nov 19, 2011
- Highlights of Union Budget 2011-12 (Part-II) - Feb 28, 2011
- Pradeep Jain thanks FM for giving due importance to real estate sector - Feb 28, 2011
- Prominent highlights of 2012-13 budget - Mar 16, 2012
- One percent interest subsidy on housing loans - Sep 10, 2009
- SBI reduces educational loan rates by up to 1 percent - Feb 27, 2012
- Budget highlights 8 - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: budgetary provision, cabinet meeting, commercial banks, crore, home loans, housing finance companies, housing loan, housing loans, housing projects, interest subsidy, low cost housing, manmohan, manmohan singh, national housing bank, nodal agency, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, subvention, union cabinet, year 2012