Hoax bomb call at Bagdogra airportApril 17th, 2009 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
Siliguri (West Bengal), April 17 (IANS) The security forces at Bagdogra airport in West Bengal were thrown into a tizzy when a caller claimed that a bomb had been planted in an Indian Airlines flight, the police said Friday.
A man called the airport and said a bomb was planted in the Guwahati-Bagdogra-Delhi Indian Airlines flight number 879 that was scheduled to land here around 3 p.m. from Guwahati.
Once the flight arrived, security personnel surrounded it and bomb disposal squads and sniffer dogs were pressed into service.
After a two-hour-long operations, the call was identified as a hoax. The flight left for Delhi around 6 p.m., the police said.
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- Bomb scare at Delhi airport - Apr 06, 2011
- Bomb scare delays Pakistani flight - Sep 10, 2012
- Bomb hoax on Kingfisher flight - Aug 30, 2011
- Jet Airways flight to Bahrain delayed over bomb scare - Sep 04, 2011
- Man held in Delhi for hoax bomb call - Jun 18, 2012
- Teenager arrested for hoax bomb call to Games Village - Oct 05, 2010
- Ukrainian airport evacuated after bomb scare - Aug 21, 2012
- Louisville Airport Bomb Scare Resolved - Dec 02, 2010
- Bengal to give Rs.2 lakh to quake victims' families - Sep 19, 2011
- Eight flights cancelled in Kolkata - Apr 28, 2011
- Bomb scare at Taj Mahal - Jan 04, 2012
- Bomb scare at Delhi educational institution - May 08, 2012
- Unclaimed bag sparks bomb scare at Mumbai airport - Sep 16, 2011
- Unattended bags create security scare at Mumbai airport - Sep 10, 2011