HLL Lifecare ties up with IGNOU to offer two coursesJanuary 1st, 2011 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Jan 1 (IANS) State-owned HLL Lifecare Ltd which makes condoms and vaccine and offers consultancy has joined hands with the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to offer two clinical engineering and management courses, a statement said Saturday.Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad will formally launch the professional distance education courses Wednesday at the company’s unit here.
The company said in the statement that the two programmes — Post Graduate Diploma course on Clinical Engineering and Management (PGDCM) and Post Diploma course on Clinical Engineering and Management [PDCEM] - will be conducted under the auspices of HLL and will be affiliated to the IGNOU.
The objectives of the programme will be to deliver practical knowledge to graduate and diploma holders in clinical and biomedical engineering and related fields.
Initially, HLL plans an initial intake of 200 students for PGDCM and 400 students for PDCEM.
“HLL has an excellent record in the field of procurement and clinical management for the past eight years,” said HLL chairman and the managing director M. Ayyappan.
After launching the courses, Azad will also inaugurate HLL’s Blood Bag Plant II near here.
The new 20,000 square feet state-of-the-art unit will be producing HLL’s new range of blood collection bags under the brand name DONATO, which was introduced in the market in October 2010.
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- HLL Lifecare launches herbal products - Dec 22, 2011
- HLL Lifecare opens one-stop medical outlet in Kerala - Sep 30, 2011
- Female condom yet to gain acceptability - Sep 11, 2012
- Moods among top three condom brands in UAE - Jan 06, 2011
- HLL launching affordable diagnostic kits - Aug 07, 2012
- Condom maker HLL setting up vaccine project - Jan 15, 2010
- Counting beads - a new family planning way for women! - Dec 05, 2011
- IGNOU launches diploma in women and gender studies - May 10, 2012
- IGNOU launches course in food science and technology - Jun 30, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- IGNOU launches course for central government staff - Oct 28, 2010
- HLL Lifecare floats subsidiary for vaccine complex - Apr 30, 2012
- IGNOU to launch post-graduate medical programmes - Sep 13, 2011
- IGNOU invites applications for online agriculture programme - May 04, 2012
Tags: art unit, blood collection, clinical engineering, clinical management, collection bags, diploma holders, distance education courses, family welfare, ghulam nabi azad, graduate diploma course, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, initial intake, management courses, national open university, post diploma, post graduate diploma, practical knowledge, union minister