HLL Lifecare opens first contraceptive outletMarch 16th, 2009 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 16 (IANS) HLL Lifecare Ltd, premier manufacturer of contraceptives and various healthcare products, Monday here opened its first retail outlet in the country.
“The outlet will be a one-stop facility for the complete range of HLL contraceptive offerings and also feature a condom vending machine on 24/7 mode,” an HLL official told IANS.
“During office hours there will be counter staff and after that the vending machine will do duty,” he added.
The company currently has 20,000 vending machines across the country. These machines mostly sell HLL’s social marketing contraceptives, whereas the outlet, christened as ‘Moods Planet’, would sell almost all products of the company.
“After ascertaining customer response to this outlet, HLL plans to roll out more outlets in other parts of the country,” the official added.
HLL expects a 40-percent growth in turnover this fiscal from last year’s Rs.3.16 billion (Rs.316 crore).
HLL makes 60 percent of the total 1.8 billion condoms produced in the country a year.
- HLL Lifecare opens one-stop medical outlet in Kerala - Sep 30, 2011
- Campaign launched for shy condom buyers - Jul 11, 2011
- Condom vending unit for Kerala Technopark - Jan 11, 2011
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- HLL Lifecare expects 40 percent growth in 2008-09 - Mar 09, 2009
- Condom vending machine has 'soft launch' at Technopark - Feb 09, 2011
- Female condom fails to gain popularity - Jul 03, 2012
- Moods among top three condom brands in UAE - Jan 06, 2011
- Female condom yet to gain acceptability - Sep 11, 2012
- After condoms, HLL Life Care now turns to sanitary napkins - Nov 07, 2011
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- Condom maker HLL setting up vaccine project - Jan 15, 2010
- Hindustan Latex is now HLL Lifecare - Mar 03, 2009
- HLL Lifecare turns to overseas markets - Oct 11, 2009
- HLL launching affordable diagnostic kits - Aug 07, 2012