HLL Lifecare expects 40 percent growth in 2008-09March 9th, 2009 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 9 (IANS) HLL Lifecare Ltd, premier manufacturer of contraceptives and various healthcare products, expects a 40 percent growth in turnover this fiscal from last year’s Rs.3.16 billion (Rs.316 crore) despite the economic downturn, a top official said.
“The truth is that there has been no problem in our business and maybe we are doing extremely well on account of new variants of our condoms and a vigorous promotion exercise,” M. Ayyappan, chairman and managing director of HLL Lifecare, formerly known as Hindustan Latex Ltd, told IANS.
Currently the Moods brand of condoms comes in 15 variants and it is being sold in an international packing, he said.
“We have decided that the packing should be similar to what is there in the West. It has to be sensuous and not erotic,” Ayyappan said.
He added that the company would boost marketing activities next fiscal, especially for promoting female condom brands like Confidom and Velvet.
“Starting next fiscal, we will begin marketing of Velvet female condoms outside Delhi and also begin a vigorous marketing of the Confidom brand across major cities through modern outlets,” Ayyappan said.
HLL Lifecare Ltd makes 60 percent of the total 1.8 billion condoms produced in the country a year.
- Female condom yet to gain acceptability - Sep 11, 2012
- After condoms, HLL Life Care now turns to sanitary napkins - Nov 07, 2011
- Condom maker HLL setting up vaccine project - Jan 15, 2010
- Female condom fails to gain popularity - Jul 03, 2012
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- Campaign launched for shy condom buyers - Jul 11, 2011
- Moods among top three condom brands in UAE - Jan 06, 2011
- HLL Lifecare launches herbal products - Dec 22, 2011
- HLL Lifecare turns to overseas markets - Oct 11, 2009
- HLL Lifecare opens one-stop medical outlet in Kerala - Sep 30, 2011
- HLL Lifecare opens first contraceptive outlet - Mar 16, 2009
- Eyeing small town India, subsidised condom set to be trendier - Jun 25, 2012
- HLL Lifecare ties up with IGNOU to offer two courses - Jan 01, 2011
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- Hindustan Latex is now HLL Lifecare - Mar 03, 2009
Tags: condom brands, confidom, contraceptives, crore, economic downturn, exercise, female condom, female condoms, healthcare products, hindustan latex ltd, latex, lifecare, major cities, managing director, marketing, moods, packing, truth, turnover, variants