Hitachi unveils limited edition ‘HD Art Series’November 14th, 2007 - 2:57 am ICT by admin
In order to promote Indian artists, Hitachi has entered into an exclusive alliance with renowned painter Niren Sengupta for his ‘Chromatic Splendors’ series and acclaimed painter Manav Gupta for his ‘Metaphor of Dreams’ series. The magnificent colours of Niren Sengupta’s paintings and the mesmerizing hues of Manav Gupta’s works are all set to make over residential and corporate spaces into exotic art zones this festive season.
To highlight the impression of an artwork, the limited edition ‘Hitachi HD Art Series’ comes along with exquisitely designed premium quality art frames. This festive season consumers can not only look forward to enhanced pleasures from viewing High Definition content with the ‘Hitachi HD Art Series’, but also impress all those who visit their homes and offices.
“This is technology in the service of Art,” noted the art critic Keshav Malik, adding, “And there can be no more noble or welcome progression in the use of electronics. Technological development today plays a dominant role in redefining life’s experiences. Art on the other hand is a reflection of life itself. The Hitachi HD Art initiative, I believe, marks a truly significant development in bringing art alive, in making it available beyond the limits of art galleries.”
The HD renditions of paintings are stored on premium DVD discs, allowing their display in looping continuity through a DVD player.
“Through the High Definition display of paintings, a seven-star hotel or a penthouse, executive lounges and corporate boardrooms can now have as many as six masterpieces hanging on their walls through a single Hitachi HD television. We are excited by this magical and radical application of the wonder of electronic engineering presenting an entirely new dimension of the premium Hitachi High Definition televisions. With this, we make the plasma and LCD HD televisions not just a vehicle for art, but art works in themselves! The excellent picture quality of the Hitachi HD televisions ensures that the digitized works of art look as good as the originals. It’s great to bring this gift at the start of the festive season, a value proposition to delight the discerning aesthete”, said Hitachi Home Electronics Country Head Tarun Jain.
“Digitising art makes it eternal and takes it across the world. The Hitachi HD television screens have perfectly reproduced the vibrancy of the colours on canvas and every detail of the strokes, and yet capture the soul of my art. My ‘Chromatic Splendour’ series speak as eloquently on screen as they do on canvas. I am moved by what superb technology can do. It’s magical!” said Niren Sengupta.
“This is technology at its most sublime. The Hitachi HD Art Series impressively reproduces the subtle contours and the myriad shades of colour in my ‘Metaphor of Dreams’. I look forward to ‘High Definition Art’ taking pride of place in aesthetic residential and corporate spaces as a result of this unique initiative on Hitachi’s part,” Gupta said.
“This festive season, we expect to clock a 200 per cent growth in sales as compared to the same period last year ,” said Jain, adding that, “As the Indian market matures and consumers become more discerning, consumer education plays an important role in helping consumers appreciate technology. We are focusing on educating consumers regarding HD technology, at the shop level as well as through innovative promotions, as we believe that it is only then that they will truly have a clear understanding regarding the value proposition that High Definition technology offers.” (ANI)
- Samsung to acquire Sony stake in LCD joint venture - Dec 26, 2011
- Star India adopts HD technology, unveils new corporate logo - Apr 15, 2011
- Consumer durable firms increase prices but say demand will be strong - Oct 18, 2011
- Consumer durables prices to go up again - Jun 10, 2012
- Samsung unveils high definition 3D TVs - Aug 04, 2010
- Once criticised, painter Tagore now aesthetic icon (With Images) - May 03, 2011
- Philips launches new range of television - Oct 13, 2010
- Diwali glitter in Mumbai despite inflation! - Oct 24, 2011
- Late entrants, Taiwanese ICT firms take on biggies - Jun 12, 2011
- Westinghouse forays into India, to invest Rs.70 crore - Nov 11, 2011
- Hitachi to form new JV in India - Sep 27, 2011
- Colas to consumer goods firms piggyback on Durga Puja - Oct 02, 2011
- Modern Bengal on canvas: Calcutta Painters return to Delhi - Dec 16, 2011
- Concept drives contemporary Indian art (With Images) - May 26, 2011
- Israel to host Indian art exhibition (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: art series, bringing art, executive lounges, exotic art, exquisite pieces, festive season, hd art, hd television, hitachi hd, lcd televisions, limited edition, magnificent colours, manav gupta, mesmerizing, paintings, penthouse, quality art frames, reflection of life, renowned painter, spaces