Hitachi aims to double revenues, acquire firmsSeptember 4th, 2011 - 1:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) Global electronics major Hitachi said it aims to double its revenues from India and is keen to acquire other firms to expand its market share.
It also plans to re-position its India operations with an independent management.
“Mergers and acquisitions would play a key role in rapid expansion of the company’s market share,” the company said in a statement.
According to the company, it expects to grow its revenue from current Rs.5,400 crore to Rs.12,000 crore in the coming years.
“In the coming few years, we expect to increase revenues of Hitachi India to around Rs.12,000 crore (Yen 200 billion) as compared to Rs.5,400 crore (Yen 90 billion) for the last fiscal,” said Ichiro Iino, managing director, Hitachi India.
Last fiscal, Hitachi’s consolidated global revenues were Rs.5,60,000 crore of which India contributed merely 1 percent.
The statement further said that the company’s India operations have been re-positioned with an independent management.
“India, which was a part of Hitachi Asia, has been re-positioned as an independent management area and Hitachi India,” the statement added.
India will be the only fifth stand-alone Hitachi company after China, Southeast Asia, Europe and the Americas, to have an independent management outside of Japan.
- Hitachi to form new JV in India - Sep 27, 2011
- Granules India's revenues rise 37 percent - Apr 24, 2012
- National Aluminium on a major diversification drive: Chairman - Jul 28, 2011
- Sonata Software net dips 64 percent in second quarter - Nov 04, 2011
- BGR Energy confident of bagging new orders - Aug 04, 2012
- United India targets Rs.8,000 crore premium income - May 03, 2011
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Idea Cellular's third quarter net profit declines - Jan 23, 2012
- Reliance Infrastructure reports decline in Q1 profits - Aug 14, 2012
- Sahara enters FMCG retail biz on I-day - Aug 13, 2012
- Amul to revamp its chocolate products - May 24, 2012
- Reliance Infrastructure 2010-11 operating income, net profit rise - May 27, 2011
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- Tube Investments of India net down Rs.11.59 crore - Aug 06, 2012
- H&R; Johnson pumps in Rs.225 crore in Andhra unit - May 18, 2012
Tags: asia europe, crore, global electronics, global revenues, hitachi, hitachi asia, hitachi company, independent management, india operations, key role, management area, management india, managing director, market share, mergers and acquisitions, New Delhi, rapid expansion, s market, southeast asia, yen