Hiring up in India economy in April-JuneJuly 9th, 2011 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) Hiring activity in India showed an upward trend during the quarter ended June 30 with hiring by IT sector up by 32 percent and that of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector by 21 percent, said a survey.
Health care sector registered a growth of 19 percent in hiring, said the survey which was conducted online by MyHiringClub.com, a recruitment tendering platform, among 786 hiring managers and 1,426 recruitment consultants.
The survey also said that employees remain positive in their expectations in the coming months as 52 percent employers plan to take on new recruits from July through March 2012, up from 39 percent from 2010.
The survey also said that the health care and banking and financial services sectors grew 19 percent in hiring as compared to the like period of the previous financial year.
Automobiles and manufacturing and telecom sectors hired 14 percent and 12 percent more people respectively.
“As we have conversations with employers and recruitment consultant, all indicate that the hiring activity will sustain and improve in coming months,” said Rajesh Kumar, founder and chief executive officer, MyHiringClub.com.
“This year, India is seeing job creation in all industries, functions and company sizes. The survey shows that IT sector is leading and going to lead in the hiring activities,” he added.
- Companies rely on employee referral for hiring - Aug 31, 2011
- Manufacturing, engineering firms up hiring from smaller cities - Aug 20, 2011
- Hiring to increase in October-December quarter - Sep 17, 2011
- Campus recruitment up 32 percent in April-June quarter - Jul 25, 2011
- NRI IT professionals move back to India - Jul 30, 2011
- Hiring picks up on positive growth outlook - Jul 02, 2011
- Indian management students prefer public sector jobs: Study - Jul 16, 2012
- Salary, bonus to rise at slower pace: Survey - Nov 10, 2011
- India Inc cautious on new hiring: Survey - Oct 16, 2011
- Overall hiring up 2.15 percent in June quarter - Nov 16, 2011
- Hiring in India could slow down next quarter: Survey - Sep 13, 2011
- Hiring lower in India Inc: Survey - Oct 19, 2011
- Companies to pay more, step up hiring in 2011: Survey - Jul 11, 2011
- Hiring activity picks up in five metros, shows survey - Aug 18, 2009
- India's hiring outlook most optimistic among 36 countries - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: automobiles, banking and financial services, chief executive officer, conversations, financial services sectors, health care sector, hiring managers, india economy, job creation, moving consumer goods, New Delhi, new recruits, quarter ended june, recruitment consultant, recruitment consultants, telecom sectors, upward trend