Hiring intent of firms soberingOctober 19th, 2010 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) Indian companies are going slow on hiring for the October-December quarter, even as the business outlook is improving, a leading staffing firm said Monday.
“With business sentiments improving consistently over the last six quarters, the employment market seems to be gradually sobering down in terms of hiring sentiment,” TeamLease Services said in its employment outlook report.
The report said this shift in hiring intent vis-a-vis business sentiment implied that companies were now focusing more on efficiency and productivity.
Retail and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) was the only sector that showed significant improvement of eight percentage points on the net employment outlook index, while information technology enabled services (ITES) witnessed a significant drop of six percentage points in the index.
“Sobering of hiring sentiment and deceleration of the net employment outlook index has clear patterns across sectors,” the report said.
The report also pointed that even though metro cities continued their dominance, smaller towns had moved up a notch in the hiring intent.
It indicated that entry level hiring continued to grow in comparison to mid-level positions which seemed to be lagging behind.
The report was prepared by covering 624 companies.
- Hiring in India could slow down next quarter: Survey - Sep 13, 2011
- Indian firms to up hiring in October-December quarter: Survey - Sep 07, 2010
- India tops Forbes list of best countries for new jobs next year - Dec 15, 2010
- India's hiring outlook most optimistic among 36 countries - Jun 08, 2010
- Canadian businesses show increased optimism: Bank of Canada - Apr 10, 2012
- Karnataka employment exchange secures jobs for 60 people - Nov 11, 2010
- Hiring lower in India Inc: Survey - Oct 19, 2011
- Wall Street gains on Apple, Fed's economic outlook - Apr 26, 2012
- Hiring to increase in October-December quarter - Sep 17, 2011
- India Inc's business confidence for falls: Survey - Oct 17, 2010
- Staffing companies form federation - Jun 23, 2011
- India's job market strongest, says global placement report - Sep 08, 2009
- RBI launches survey to gauge industry growth outlook - Jan 02, 2011
- Wipro upbeat despite flat IT growth - Oct 31, 2011
- US unemployment rate drops in April - May 05, 2012
Tags: business outlook, business sentiment, deceleration, dominance, employment market, employment outlook, fast moving consumer goods, level positions, metro cities, moving consumer goods, New Delhi, notch, outlook index, outlook report, percentage points, quarters, sectors, sentiments, significant improvement, staffing firm