Hiring autos to reach Noida, Gurgaon from Delhi to become easyOctober 14th, 2008 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 14(IANS) Hiring auto rickshaws and taxis from the airport, railway station and inter-state bus terminus in Delhi to go to areas like Noida, Gurgaon and Faridabad would become easy after an agreement was signed Tuesday for their unrestricted movement in the national capital region (NCR).Reciprocal Common Transport Agreement (RCTA) among governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh for unrestricted movement of vehicles in NCR was signed Tuesday in the presence of M. Ramachandran, secretary, ministry of urban development.
The people will now be able to hire taxis and auto rickshaws from the airport, railway stations and inter-state bus terminals in Delhi and reach their destinations in NCR such as Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurgaon and Bahadurgarh.
“The agreement will come into effect after all the constituent states of NCR would notify the agreement in the respective gazettes,” Ramachandran said.
The agreement would ensure that auto rickshaws and taxis would not be required to pay any additional passenger tax or additional passenger road tax or any additional permit charges.
The number of auto rickshaws for the interstate movement between Delhi and Uttar Pradesh as well as between Delhi and Haryana is 4,000.
The number of auto-rickshaws, which would ply between Uttar Pradesh and Haryana would be 1,000 and between Rajasthan and Haryana 500.
- Nearly 30,000 use Delhi Metro in Ghaziabad on first day - Jul 14, 2011
- Capital region cops meet to tackle inter-state gangs - Dec 15, 2010
- CNG price raised by Rs.2.30 in national capital region - Sep 30, 2011
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- Top police officials discuss Republic Day security - Jan 18, 2011
- Games magic: Cabs with credit card machines, woman drivers - Oct 18, 2009
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- Haryana wants full share of Yamuna water from Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2011
- 639 polluting industrial units closed in Haryana - May 26, 2011
- Haryana to regularise over 1,000 colonies - Feb 19, 2011
- Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols - Sep 12, 2011
- Torrential rains cripple Delhi -- for hours - Sep 09, 2011
- Woman, paramour arrested for gun-running in Delhi - Jun 13, 2011
- Power failure, rains hit Delhi traffic, commuters (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012