Hirco invests GBP 96.6 million in development in MumbaiNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:49 am ICT by admin
“We continue to bring together talent, experience, relationships and reputation to deliver communities and high quality infrastructure in picturesque settings where luxury meets convenience. The Panvel development will certainly be one of the foremost communities in Mumbai and the country,” Priya added.
Mumbai has a population of approximately 16 million and is regarded as the financial and economic capital of India.
The township itself is strategically located near the planned second Mumbai International Airport, major railways and is within driving distance of Mumbai’s central business district.
Panvel Residential is a development consisting of 18.3 million buildable square feet of residential and retail space on 280 acres of land in Panvel, a rapidly growing corridor in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region.
The preliminary master plan of the township development calls for a mix of flats, townhomes and villas, designed to capture the increasing pent up demand for these types of residences. The large acreage allows for attractive, large open spaces with park-like settings and pedestrian corridors, offering a premium lifestyle at affordable prices.
The investment in Panvel Residential, which was identified as a Pipeline Project at the time of Hirco’s flotation in December 2006, represents Hirco’s fourth investment to-date.
Panvel Residential is co-located on a site with the Commercial Township development (”Panvel Commercial”) in which Hirco invested in July of this year. The combined Panvel site was also recently designated as a Special Economic Zone, which will provide tax advantages.
The township is expected to benefit from the strong growth in the Mumbai - Pune corridor, which is becoming a preferred location for Mumbai’s growing middle class segment.
Key features of Panvel Residential are expected to include primary and secondary schools, healthcare facilities, a hospital, community centres, sports centres, and socio-cultural activity venues.
In line with Hiranandani’s sustainable building philosophy, the township will also have a backup power substation, and will have its own water storage and wastewater treatment facilities.
The all inclusive township will have its own bus terminal and will boast sufficient parking to support its population. Further luxury features include entertainment centres and high quality shopping facilities. (ANI)
- Punj Lloyd secures contract for commercial buildings from HIRCO Group - Dec 28, 2010
- Hirco reports continuing robust sales in Chennai township - Apr 10, 2008
- L&T; bags orders worth Rs.1,340 crore - Aug 24, 2011
- Hirco reports continued strong sales at Chennai's Hiranandani Palace Gardens - Jan 15, 2008
- Hiranandanis to set up multi-speciality hospital in Thane - Sep 16, 2011
- Fast rail corridor to ease Mumbai commuters' woes - Mar 14, 2012
- Feasibility study for new Mumbai suburban rail corridors - Jan 13, 2012
- Pact for Mahindra World City at Dholera in Gujarat - Jan 12, 2011
- Tough year for realty, no respite seen in short-run (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 29, 2011
- Phoenix kicks off Rs.2,000 crore infrastructure projects - Jun 13, 2011
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- South City Projects to foray into Sri Lanka - Sep 06, 2011
- Manufacturing zones planned in east, south (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Reliance MediaWorks joins hands with Digital Domain Productions - Jul 12, 2011
- Indo-Israeli JV launches Hyderabad housing project's second phase - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: capital of india, central business district, commercial project, commercial township, driving distance, experience relationships, hiranandeconomic capital, metropolitan region, mumbai, open spaces, panvel, picturesque settings, pipeline project, priya, quality infrastructure, retail space, s central, special economic zone, township development