Hindustan Unilever’s third quarter net profit down 1.8 percentJanuary 25th, 2011 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 25 (IANS) Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) conglomerate Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) Tuesday reported a marginal decline of 1.8 percent in its net profit for the third quarter of the current fiscal year as higher input costs brought down operating margins.The company’s net profit stood at Rs.637.51 crore in the third quarter as against Rs.649.11 crore in the like period last fiscal.
“Company has posted a net profit of Rs.6375.10 million for the quarter ended Dec 31, 2010, as compared to Rs.6491.10 million for the quarter ended Dec 31, 2009,” HUL said in a regulatory filing.
Meanwhile, the total income of the conglomerate increased by 12.48 percent to Rs.5,204.73 crore as compared to Rs.4,612.11 crore in the corresponding period of the fiscal 2009-10.
The company reported a 12 percent growth in net sales during the third quarter and 13 percent increase in volume of domestic consumer business.
“Our strategy is working and is reflected in the consistent double digit underlying volume growth over the last four quarters and ahead of market growth,” HUL chairman Harish Manwani said.
Personal products business of the company grew by 20 percent and was led by skin care, hair and oral products like Fair and Lovely cream, Dove hair range and Close-up toothpaste.
The home and personal care business reported a growth of 11.6 percent, followed by food business at 11.3 percent.
According to the company, to off-set the inflationary pressure on the input prices, it will focus on buying efficiencies and cost saving.
“In an inflationary environment, we will manage our business dynamically, through judicious pricing actions and increased focus on cost effectiveness, while ensuring that we remain competitive in the market place,” Manwani said.
- Hindustan Unilever's third quarter net profit up 18 percent - Feb 06, 2012
- Hindustan Unilever quarterly net profit rises 21.7 percent - Oct 31, 2011
- Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percent - Aug 07, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro's third quarter net profit up 18 percent - Jan 23, 2012
- ITC fourth quarter net profit up 24.6 percent - May 20, 2011
- Mahindra and Mahindra's Q4 net up 44.17 percent - May 30, 2012
- Tube Investments of India net down Rs.11.59 crore - Aug 06, 2012
- Hindustan Unilever quarterly net profit dips two percent - May 09, 2011
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Bharat Forge's Q1 net profit up 64 percent - Aug 10, 2011
- Ashok Leyland's net profit down 29.67 percent in Q1 - Jul 19, 2011
- Bosch India net up 31 percent in 2011 - Feb 28, 2012
- Usha Martin Q4 net dips almost 60 percent - May 10, 2012
- ITC Ltd quarterly net profit increases 24.5 percent - Jul 28, 2011
- Bata India's Q1 net up 58 percent - Jul 28, 2011
Tags: consumer business, crore, current fiscal year, fair and lovely cream, food business, harish, hindustan, hul, inflationary environment, inflationary pressure, input costs, input prices, moving consumer goods, net profit, operating margins, oral products, personal care business, personal products, products business, volume growth