Hindustan Unilever seeks partnerships to market productsAugust 19th, 2008 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL), with interest in personal and home care products and food and beverages, Tuesday said it wants partnerships with state bodies and NGOs to market fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) among the poor. The country’s leading FMCG company has started several initiatives that not only enable marketing of its products but also yield social benefits.
“Of our many initiatives, Shakti is a project by which HUL markets a plethora of personal care and hygiene products in rural areas through creation of self-help groups (SHG),” HUL vice president (homecare) Sudhanshu Vats told reporters here on the sidelines of the ninth CII Marketing Summit, 2008, organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry.
“The idea is to make the consumer an integral part of the value chain. We intend to empower unemployed women or those with very low income to form SHGs and then work as retailers and dealers of the company’s products,” Vats said.
The company provides micro-credit to people to form SHGs as a part of their initiative.
“Another brand marketed through such initiative is the Lifebuoy soap,” he said.
The company claims that by a simple act of washing hands more frequently or before undertaking any activity that can affect human health the incidents of diahorrea can be brought down by 50 percent.
Vats claimed that wherever they had started this project they got positive results.
“However, it is just a proposal and has not been discussed with the government as yet,” he said.
- Hindustan Unilever quarterly net profit rises 21.7 percent - Oct 31, 2011
- Hindustan Unilever's third quarter net profit down 1.8 percent - Jan 25, 2011
- Nabard's Rs.15 bn fund to help women's self-help groups - Apr 14, 2012
- Adding self-reliance to conservation, with jams and jellies - Feb 13, 2012
- Andhra proposes non-banking finance body for self-help groups - Jun 21, 2011
- Empowering lives, transforming villages - the self-help way (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 07, 2012
- Sensex closes in green, HUL top gainer (Roundup) - Jul 24, 2012
- Self-Help Groups need to help themselves for survival - Jan 18, 2010
- Himalaya firm forays into herbal oral care segment - Dec 16, 2010
- Godrej Consumer eyes 10-fold revenue jump in a decade - Sep 20, 2011
- Self-help groups to get loans at lower rates: Jairam Ramesh - Jun 21, 2011
- FMCG sector to grow in current fiscal: CII - Nov 10, 2010
- Indian microfinance not sustainable: Bangladeshi practitioners - Jun 30, 2011
- Akshay to endorse anti-perspirant brand (With Image) - Oct 17, 2011
- Tata Global Beverages to focus on health, nutrition - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: confederation of indian industry, food and beverages, hindustan unilever ltd, hygiene products, lifebuoy soap, moving consumer goods, self help groups, state bodies, unemployed women, washing hands