Hindustan Motors to launch upgraded Winner truck in DelhiJune 19th, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 19 (IANS) Automobile manufacturer Hindustan Motors will launch the Bharat Stage Four (BS IV) version of its mini-truck Winner in the national capital shortly, a top company official said here Friday.
“Our immediate priority is to launch the BS IV version of Winner in Delhi in seven to 10 days. After this, it will be launched in Mumbai,” company managing director Ravi Santhanam told reporters on the sidelines of a seminar.
BS IV refers to the latest emission norms set by the Indian government to reduce the harmful effect of automobile fumes.
Hindustan Motors - the flagship company of the C.K. Birla group - unveiled the one-tonne payload capacity Winner in Kolkata last December.
The company sources the knocked-down version of the Winner from Shandong Shifeng of China and assembles it at its plant in Uttarpara near here.
It is also looking at “two new possibilities” in the next one year, Santhanam said, but refused to specify the category. “It does not necessarily have to be a product, it could even be a service offering. But within our automotive domain.”
- Hindustan Motors launches mini-truck with Chinese collaboration - Dec 02, 2008
- Hindustan Motors to clarify on land sale - Aug 05, 2011
- Hindustan Motors, SBI tie-up for vehicle financing - Jun 07, 2010
- Hindustan Motors expects turnaround by 2010-11 end - Aug 10, 2010
- Hindustan Motors reports Rs.35.5 cr loss in Q1 - Aug 13, 2012
- Hindustan Motors launches greener CNG mini truck - Apr 26, 2010
- New Ambassador variant to be unveiled in December - Nov 19, 2010
- Hindustan Motors to focus on commercial vehicle segment - Aug 09, 2011
- Industrialist G.P. Birla dead - Mar 06, 2010
- Singer Anup Ghoshal gets Trinamool ticket - Mar 15, 2011
- Mahindra to target captive segment for Genio pickup - Jan 28, 2011
- Mahindra to sell 120,000 SsangYong cars globally this year - Jun 22, 2011
- Hindustan Motors upgrades Mitsubishi Montero - Apr 16, 2012
- Birla Corp eyes 3 percent rise in cement sales - Oct 24, 2011
- Singur road blockade hits supplies to Hindustan Motors - Aug 27, 2008
Tags: automobile manufacturer, birla group, bs, china, company sources, emission norms, flagship company, hindustan motors, indian government, kolkata, managing director, mini truck, one tonne, possibilities, priority, shandong, sidelines, uttarpara