Hindustan Construction bags Rs.3.4-bn highway project (Lead)July 1st, 2008 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai/New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) Infrastructure firm Hindustan Construction Co. (HCC) has bagged a Rs.3.4-billion project to build an elevated highway over the busy section between the national capital and its industrial satellite city Faridabad in Haryana. In a statement, HCC said Tuesday it will construct a 4.4.kilometre-long, six-lane elevated highway at Badarpur on National Highway 2 near Delhi for NHAI.
HCC is also building the 4.4.kilometre-long, eight-lane Bandra-Worli sea-link project in Mumbai.
The Badarpur project - which will be on a build, operate and transfer (BOT) basis - will have a concession period of 20 years inclusive of the construction period spanning 24 months.
The highway will start at the National Thermal Power Corporation plant near Badarpur in Delhi and culminate in Faridabad, with five important traffic junctions en route - Mehrauli, Jaitpur, Sarai Bypass and Sector 37 junction.
The company had earlier executed MRTS (mass rapid transport system) projects in Kolkata, Delhi and the Mumbai-Pune sector.
Currently, it is constructing the 84-kilometre-long Mughal Road in Jammu and Kashmir.
Additionally, HCC is executing redevelopment works at four hydel-power projects.
- HCC among 10 global companies for green initiative - Jun 20, 2012
- India's second sea-bridge to come up in Mumbai - Sep 08, 2011
- HCC to build Rs.1.62 bn railway tunnel - Apr 05, 2012
- Punj Lloyd bags Rs.1,050-crore highway project - Dec 28, 2011
- IVRCL Group bags orders worth Rs.4,081 crore - Apr 02, 2012
- Court okays land takeover for police station on Haryana border - Sep 04, 2009
- Ramky Infra bags two road projects worth Rs.2,240.65 crore - Dec 01, 2011
- Six-lane roads to connect India's metros - Sep 12, 2011
- Major connecting roads in NCR to be widened - Jul 03, 2010
- Construction work on Badarpur-Faridabad Metro link begins - Mar 28, 2012
- DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad link - Mar 26, 2012
- Cabinet approves six laning of parts of NH-4, 8A, 8 in NHDP V - Jan 09, 2010
- Punjab to link all cities with highways - Apr 23, 2012
- Efforts on to control adrift ship in Mumbai - Jun 12, 2011
- Court fines residents challenging highway project - Nov 16, 2009
Tags: concession, construction co, construction period, faridabad, haryana, hcc, hydel, infrastructure firm, jammu, july 1, kashmir, kolkata, mass rapid transport, New Delhi, power projects, redevelopment works, satellite city, sea link, system projects, transport system