Hindu and Sikh shrines on Punjab-HP border to be linkedJuly 18th, 2012 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 18 (IANS) The Punjab cabinet Wednesday approved a Rs.100 crore ropeway project that will link the Sikh gurdwara of Keshgarh at Anandpur Sahib with the Hindu temple of Naina Devi in neighbouring Himachal Pradesh.
The cabinet gave its nod to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to be signed between the governments of Punjab and Himachal Pradesh for the project. The meeting was chaired by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
While the Sikh shrine Takht Keshgarh Sahib is located at Anandpur Sahib, 80 km from here, the Naina Devi shrine is located atop a hill in neighbouring Himachal Pradesh’s Bilaspur district, 100 km from here.
Both shrines are located at a distance of about 15 km by road from each other.
A spokesperson of the Chief Minister’s Office said that a joint venture Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of Sri Naina Devi Ji and Sri Anandpur Sahib Ji Ropeway Company Pvt. Ltd. would be formed to develop this project on design, build, finance, operate and transfer (DBFOT) or public-private partnership (PPP) basis.
- Ropeway to link Sikh, Hindu temple towns in Punjab, Himachal - Jun 28, 2012
- 'Speed up ropeway construction between shrines' - May 01, 2010
- Himachal, Punjab sign pact on Naina Devi ropeway - Jul 26, 2012
- Thousands converge at shrine for Hola Mohalla - Mar 08, 2012
- Green 'Hola Mohalla' festival planned at Punjab gurdwara - Mar 12, 2011
- PM to inaugurate Sikh heritage site - Oct 22, 2011
- Security stepped up around Haryana gurdwaras - Sep 13, 2010
- PM cancels Punjab trip, SGPC and Akalis upset - Nov 03, 2011
- Badal to inaugurate Khalsa centre - Nov 04, 2011
- Train to five Sikh shrines in December - Apr 03, 2012
- 'Virasat-e-Khalsa' opened at Anandpur Sahib - Nov 25, 2011
- Railways to launch train for Sikh shrines - Feb 03, 2012
- Centre violating federal spirit: Badal - Jul 26, 2012
- Heli-taxi service planned to Himachal temple - Jul 03, 2012
- Hit by delays, Sikh heritage project gets another deadline - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: anandpur sahib, badal, bilaspur district, chief minister, company pvt, himachal pradesh, hindu temple, ji, joint venture, memorandum of understanding, mou, naina devi, nod, public private partnership, pvt ltd, sikh gurdwara, sikh shrines, special purpose vehicle, spokesperson, spv