Himalya to invest Rs.110 crore in RajasthanOctober 26th, 2009 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 26 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh-based frozen food manufacturer Himalya International plans to invest Rs.110 crore in Rajasthan, a top official said Monday.
“Now we are going to invest Rs.110 crore in an agro-food processing facility. The unit would be set up in Rajasthan and for this the state government has allotted 32 acres in Jaipur district to the company,” Himalya chairman Manmohan Malik told IANS.
He said the facility would be set up at Keshwana Rajput, 80 km from New Delhi. It will start commercial production by next year.
“The unit will produce chocolate-coated almonds, roasted almonds, honey almonds, cereal bars and protein bars.”
Himalya is already setting up one such facility with an outlay of Rs.130 crore at Mehsana in Gujarat. At this unit, ready-to-eat products made of vegetables, frozen mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, yogurt and various dairy products will be produced.
“The Gujarat unit would be operational by September next year,” Malik said, whose company is also listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
“The total expected sales and gross profit from the Rajasthan unit by 2012 is Rs.250 crore and Rs.50 crore respectively.”
In Rajasthan, the company is roping in farmers for contract farming.
The company has also tied up with a New Jersey-based importer and distributor, Global Reliance Inc, for marketing its products in the US.
- Himalya net profit rises to Rs.8.78 crore - Oct 30, 2009
- Himachal firm to invest Rs.130 crore in Gujarat - Aug 11, 2009
- Himalya International plant starts production - Apr 26, 2012
- Himachal firm plans agro-food unit in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2009
- Vadilal's ready-to-eat snacks in markets soon - Sep 26, 2011
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Himalya International launches 'Himalaya Fresh' - Feb 18, 2010
- Dr.Oetker targets 165 crore sale by 2015 - Sep 21, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki quarterly net profit declines 59.81 percent - Oct 29, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki to buy land in Gujarat for unit - Oct 29, 2011
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Swedish firm to launch new power technology next year - Dec 17, 2010
- Maruti not to abandon Manesar plant, says Bhargava (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Maruti likely to get land in Gujarat's Mehsana in June - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: bombay stock exchange, cereal bars, coated almonds, crore, dairy products, food processing, frozen food manufacturer, gross profit, gujarat, malik, manmohan, mehsana, mushrooms, outlay, protein bars, rajasthan, rs 50, shimla, state government, yogurt