Himalya International plant starts productionApril 26th, 2012 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) Himalya International Thursday said production had started at its new Rs.160-crore food processing plant at Sultanpur in Mehsana, Gujarat.
“The company has set up an export target of around Rs.600 crore annually from international market and has orders from the US, Singapore, Dubai and Malayasia,” said Man Mohan Malik, chairman, Himalya International. He said the company would launch its products in all major cities of India given the growing demand for them.
The plant, inaugurated by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, is on 21 hectares of land and has facility for growing mushrooms, processing potatoes and other vegetables and processing of milk to produce mozzarella cheese sticks, ‘paneer’ and frozen yoghurt.
Malik said the installed capacity of the mushroom division was 60,000 tonnes of compost per annum which would produce 12,000 tonnes of mushrooms per annum with a yield of 20 percent at 100 percent operating capacity.
The plant will also produce 6,000 tonnes of mozzarella cheese, 9,000 tonnes of yoghurt, 27,000 tonnes of appetizers and 27,000 tonnes of french fries per annum. It has a storage facility for 2,000 tonnes of frozen products.
Malik said the plant would provide direct employment to 1,500 people and indirect employment to around 5,000 residents of the area.
- Himachal firm to invest Rs.130 crore in Gujarat - Aug 11, 2009
- Himalya to invest Rs.110 crore in Rajasthan - Oct 26, 2009
- Himalya net profit rises to Rs.8.78 crore - Oct 30, 2009
- Vadilal's ready-to-eat snacks in markets soon - Sep 26, 2011
- Himachal firm plans agro-food unit in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2009
- GCMMF announces record sales of Rs. 8005 crores - Aug 18, 2010
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Karnataka eyes Indian diaspora to promote dairy exports - Jan 17, 2011
- JSPL begins commercial production at Odisha plant - Aug 28, 2012
- Essar Group doubles steel capacity at Hazira, Gujarat - Feb 24, 2012
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- MCD earns Rs.10 lakh from Okhla plant - Jul 08, 2011
- Indorama to invest Rs.1,000 crore in Himachal project - Apr 03, 2012
- Jaypee Group to invest Rs.33,000 crore in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2011
Tags: annum, appetizers, chief minister, compost, crore, export target, food processing plant, french fries, growing mushrooms, gujarat, hectares, indirect employment, major cities of india, malayasia, malik, man mohan, narendra modi, storage facility, sultanpur, tonnes