Himachal’s loan liability is Rs.26,651 croreAugust 29th, 2012 - 11:30 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 29 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh’s loan liability is Rs.26,651 crore and it has paid Rs.2,146 crore as interest on borrowings in the past one year, the state government has said.
The state’s loan liability till June 30 includes Rs.10,504 crore from the open market and Rs.943 crore from the central government, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal told the assembly in a written reply Tuesday.
Dhumal, who also holds the finance portfolio, said that for the current fiscal, the central government had fixed Rs.2,019 crore as the limit for borrowings.
“This limit is three percent of the gross state domestic product.”
In his budget speech given in March, Dhumal had blamed implementation of the Pay Commission recommendations for the poor finances.
“The erroneous recommendations of the 13th Finance Commission underestimating the committed liabilities of the state have further adversely affected the finances of the state. Had the commission given us an increase equal to that of the other states, the state would have received an additional transfer of Rs.10,725 crore in five years,” he had said.
Tourism as well as horticulture and hydropower generation are major contributors to Himachal Pradesh’s economic development.
- Another pre-poll sop for over 300,000 'babus' (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- Himachal debt rises to Rs.25,313.70 crore - Mar 27, 2012
- Himachal's fiscal liabilities up 46 percent: CAG - Apr 06, 2012
- Each Himachal citizen now carries Rs.3.7 crore debt - Aug 31, 2011
- Dhumal in please-all mode in election year (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 03, 2012
- Himachal proposes Rs.3,300 crore plan for 2011-12 - Jan 27, 2011
- Himachal seeks Rs.3,000 crore assistance - Aug 24, 2010
- Constitute pay commission within three months: Himachal court - Dec 29, 2011
- Himachal seeks Rs.27,556 crore for 12th Plan - Sep 20, 2011
- Himachal assembly passes 2012-13 budget - Mar 30, 2012
- Falling prices, few buyers make Himachal financially powerless - Sep 05, 2012
- Tripura demands central financial aid - Aug 17, 2011
- Small home loan borrowers to get 1 percent interest subsidy - Oct 25, 2011
- Special category states unhappy with finance panel: Tripura minister - Jan 20, 2011
- Japanese loan for crop diversification in Himachal - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: borrowings, budget speech, central government, chief minister, commission recommendations, economic development, finance portfolio, gross state, himachal pradesh, horticulture, hydropower generation, implementation, liabilities, reply, shimla, state government, tourism