Himachal’s Kangra chosen for NREGA awardJanuary 29th, 2010 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 29 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh’s Kangra district has been selected for a national award for successfully implementing the central government’s flagship rural employment programme, an official said Friday.
“Kangra has been selected along with 24 other districts in the country for successfully implementing the MGNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) scheme,” Deputy Commissioner R.S. Gupta told IANS.
In 2008-2009, the district had spent Rs.100 crore under the MGNREGA scheme.
“We had issued 202,112 job cards in 2008-2009, out of these 114,666 people were provided jobs,” he said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will give the award Feb 2 in New Delhi, the official said.
- Himachal tops in implementation of 20-Point programme - Jul 17, 2010
- 'Rural jobs scheme should have off period during agriculture season' - Mar 20, 2012
- PM concerned over delayed NREGA wages, Sonia suggests reforms (second lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- RTI activist attacked in Rajasthan - Feb 09, 2012
- 'Rural jobs, housing schemes not functioning optimally' - Aug 03, 2012
- Rural job scheme causing farm labour shortage: Study - Feb 12, 2012
- National livelihood mission to rural raise workers's skills - Jun 03, 2011
- NGO slams rural jobs scheme implementation in Assam - Apr 20, 2012
- Tripura provides most jobs under NREGA - Dec 10, 2011
- 69 percent households gain from rural job scheme - Apr 17, 2011
- Tripura tops rural jobs scheme - Jul 22, 2010
- Tripura tops in average employment under rural jobs scheme - Mar 29, 2012
- Joshi rejects Modi's demand for probe into job scheme - Jul 28, 2010
- Orissa assures cooperation in job scam probe - May 12, 2011
- Rural jobs scheme floundering in Bengal, say NGOs - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: central government, crore, deputy commissioner, feb 2, himachal pradesh, jan 29, job cards, jobs, kangra district, mahatma gandhi, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, s gupta