Himachal’s cement production to go upMarch 22nd, 2012 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 22 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh is annually producing more than nine million tonnes of cement and the amount will further increase with the commissioning of a new facility in 2015, the state assembly was told Thursday.
“Six facilities in the private sector have been producing 9.51 million tonnes of cement and 10.10 million tonnes of clinker in a year,” said Industries Minister Kishan Kapoor.
He said Jaypee Himachal Cement Ltd, a subsidiary of the diversified group Jaiprakash Associates, is commissioning its second unit at its Bagha plant in Solan district.
“The plant, having an annual capacity of 2.75 million tonnes of cement per annum, will be commissioned within five years of the pact signed between the government and the company Aug 18, 2010,” he said.
Jaiprakash’s commissioned Bagha plant is producing 1.75 million tonnes of cement and two million tonnes of clinker.
The other mega cement private plants are at Barmana (two units of ACC), Darlaghat and Nalagarh (both of Ambuja Cements) and Rajban (Cement Corporation of India).
- Himachal truckers increase freight charges - Sep 18, 2012
- Cement price in Himachal reduced - Jan 05, 2012
- Include cement in essential commodities: Dhumal - Dec 22, 2011
- Himachal wants cement put on controlled commodity list - Jan 02, 2012
- Jaypee's commissions cement plant in Himachal Pradesh - Jan 14, 2010
- Truckers strike continues in Himachal - Oct 20, 2010
- Ambuja Cements' third plant commissioned in Himachal - Mar 28, 2010
- Competition panel levies Rs.6,000 crore penalty on cement firms - Jun 21, 2012
- Jaiprakash commissions cement unit in Gujarat - Dec 02, 2009
- Rs.6,000 crore penalty on 11 cement firms for price fixing (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Blame game over Himachal power plant ordered to be razed - May 20, 2012
- Kesoram Industries to invest Rs.1,125 crore - Jul 01, 2010
- Firm fined Rs.100 crore for violating environmental laws - May 04, 2012
- Himachal greens upbeat over 'environmental justice' - May 06, 2012
- Birla Corp to spend Rs.2,400 cr on expansion - Jun 23, 2010
Tags: 10 million, annum, cement production, cements, clinker, diversified group, himachal, India, industries minister, kishan, pact, plants, private sector, state assembly, subsidiary, tonnes, two million