Himachal wants five roads to be national highwaysSeptember 13th, 2011 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 13 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Tuesday requested the central government to declare five roads in the state as national highways to strengthen the road network in rural areas.
The demand was made by Public Works Minister Gulab Singh at his meeting with union Surface Transport Minister C.P. Joshi in New Delhi.
Singh asked Joshi to declare Hamirpur-Palampur-Sujanpur, Brahmpukhar-Bilaspur-Ghumarwin-Sarkaghat-Baijnath, Pathankot-Dalhousie-Chamba-Bharmour, Taradevi-Jubarhatti-Kunihar-Nalagarh-Ghamouli and Chandigarh-Nalagarh-Arki-Shalaghat roads as national highways, said an official statement here.
The minister also requested the central government to provide financial assistance for constructions of bypass in Jogindernagar, Sundernagar and Theog to decongest the towns from heavy traffic.
The detailed project reports of the bypasses have been submitted to the surface transport ministry for approval.
- Himachal to get five more national highways - Jun 15, 2010
- Himachal to construct two mega tunnels - Jul 27, 2012
- New route to connect Delhi-Ambala, Delhi-Jaipur highways - Apr 12, 2011
- Meghalaya chief minister seeks assistance for road projects - Jul 25, 2012
- Hundreds of tourists stranded in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Single lane highways in Uttarakhand to be double laned - Jun 22, 2012
- 'Pedestrians, cyclists suffer most in road accidents' - Apr 04, 2012
- Port connectivity projects will be completed - Jan 23, 2012
- Incessant rains in Himachal, rivers in spate - Aug 21, 2012
- India to raise $1.9 bn debt for building highways - Nov 23, 2011
- ADB Extends 315 million dollar for highway overhaul in Karnataka - Nov 29, 2010
- C.P. Joshi asks engineers not to compromise with safe road design - Mar 31, 2011
- Rationalise motor vehicle tax rates, urges minister - Feb 14, 2012
- C.P. Joshi emphasizes need to speed up construction of highways - Apr 27, 2011
- Lok Sabha clears NHAI expansion - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: baijnath, bilaspur, bypasses, central government, chamba, constructions, detailed project, financial assistance, five roads, gulab, heavy traffic, himachal pradesh, joshi, national highways, New Delhi, palampur, rural areas, surface transport ministry, theog, transport minister