Himachal to open four restaurants with railwaysJanuary 16th, 2012 - 6:31 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 16 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Monday entered into an agreement with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC) for opening four restaurants in the state, an official statement said here.
A memorandum of understanding was signed by Arun Kumar, a director in the state tourism department, and Sohan Singh, the chief regional manager of the railways.
The restaurants in Shimla, Solan, Nahan and Suketi towns will start functioning from March 1. The IRCTC will provide catering service at the eating joints.
Later, railway ticket booking counters will also be opened at the restaurants, Kumar said.
He said the department has submitted a Rs.8-crore proposal to the union tourism ministry under which 32 wayside amenities would be developed in the state on the national and state highways.
Himachal Pradesh’s economy is highly dependent upon tourism, besides hydropower and horticulture.
- Canada keen to invest in Himachal: Dhumal - Sep 12, 2011
- Himachal invites private players to develop elite resorts - Apr 27, 2010
- Himachal seeks funds for apple post-harvesting facilities - May 08, 2012
- Heavy rains forecast in Himachal hills - Jul 07, 2011
- Himachal's geo park to showcase fossils - Sep 11, 2011
- Himachal's loan liability is Rs.26,651 crore - Aug 29, 2012
- Helicopter taxi service launched in Himachal - Jan 29, 2011
- Himachal records 16 percent rise in tourist arrivals - Jan 04, 2011
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Sixth train on Kalka-Shimla track - Apr 25, 2011
- Railways, ITDC jointly offer tourism services - May 24, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh Government to build international airport near Shimla - Oct 26, 2010
- Himachal seeks Rs.991 crore rain relief - Nov 28, 2011
- More snow, Shimla records season's lowest temperature - Jan 09, 2012
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: arun kumar, catering service, corporation ltd, crore, himachal pradesh, hydropower, indian railway, irctc, memorandum of understanding, nahan, railway ticket booking, railways, regional manager, rs 8, sohan, state highways, state tourism department, tourism corporation, tourism ministry, wayside