Himachal to get piped gas by next year: DhumalJune 4th, 2009 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 4 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh will be connected to the gas pipeline by next year, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said here Thursday.
“The industrial hub of the state, the Baddi-Barotiwala-Nalagarh area, would be connected with the gas pipeline in the first phase through Nangal town of Punjab where the laying of pipeline is in progress,” he told reporters after meeting Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board of India chairman Lalit Mansingh.
“The state would be creating a complete corridor to identify the areas where piped gas facility would be created especially for commercial use,” Dhumal said, adding that the government would also explore the possibility to extend the pipeline to other industrial towns.
“Cement factories like Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd and ACC in the state would be prospective beneficiaries of the piped gas,” the chief minister said.
Himachal Pradesh has 38 industrial areas and 15 industrial estates.
The state’s industrial sector received a major boost in 2003 following the special industrial package announced by the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led National Democratic Alliance government at the centre.
Lured by the industrial package, more than 900 medium and large-scale units have set up base in Himachal Pradesh since then. Of these, 623 units have been set up in the Baddi, Barotiwala and Nalagarh areas of Solan district.
- Himachal sanctions Rs.20 crore for Solan industrial belt - Jun 12, 2011
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- Himachal's Baddi industrial area to have effluent plant - Nov 17, 2010
- Himachal develops new industrial estate in Baddi - Nov 07, 2010
- Himachal gets capital investment subsidy - Jul 16, 2011
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Himachal invites industrial investments for new estate - Jan 29, 2012
- Himachal greens upbeat over 'environmental justice' - May 06, 2012
- Banks, insurance companies shut in Himachal - Feb 28, 2012
- Include cement in essential commodities: Dhumal - Dec 22, 2011
- Hero Honda to set up facility in Himachal - Oct 21, 2010
- Himachal to allow industries to get power from private project - Nov 19, 2011
- Himachal to set up 10 new industrial estates - Nov 20, 2010
- 10-year moratorium must on selling land: Himachal panel - Apr 30, 2012
- Himachal's cement production to go up - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: alliance government, atal bihari, baddi, beneficiaries, cement factories, chief minister, gas pipeline, gujarat ambuja cements, India, industrial areas, industrial hub, industrial sector, lalit mansingh, national democratic alliance, natural gas, petroleum, punjab, regulatory board, s industrial, shimla