Himachal to get five more national highwaysJune 15th, 2010 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 15 (IANS) The central government has sanctioned five more national highways to strengthen road connectivity in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said here Tuesday.
Apart from the five highways, the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has sanctioned two by-passes and one major tunnel near Swarghat in Bilaspur district, Dhumal told reporters here.
The five approved national highways are Hamirpur-Sujanpur-Palampur (59 km), Brahmpukhar-Bilaspur-Ghumarwin-Baijnath (11 km), Bharmour-Chamba-Dalhousie-Pathankot (133 km), Taradevi-Jubbarhatti-Kunihar-Ramshehar-Nalagarh-Ghanauli (106 km) and Chandigarh-Baddi-Nalagarh-Arki-Shalaghat (83 km).
Dhumal said the ministry has also agreed to sanction two more proposed national highways — Slappar-Pandoh-Karsog-Tattapani-Dhalli (296 km) and Sainj-Luhari-Banjar-Aut-Bagidhar (97 kms) in the next phase shortly.
Himachal Pradesh currently has 11 national highways with a road length of 1,471 km.
- Himachal wants five roads to be national highways - Sep 13, 2011
- Himachal sanctions Rs.20 crore for Solan industrial belt - Jun 12, 2011
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- It was BJP versus BJP in Himachal assembly - Mar 15, 2011
- 27 killed in Himachal bus accident - Oct 25, 2011
- Dhumal seeks funds for rail network expansion in Himachal - Jun 22, 2009
- Mamata's rail budget disappointing: Dhumal - Jul 03, 2009
- Five killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Oct 12, 2010
- Six killed in road accident on Delhi-Jaipur highway - Aug 21, 2012
- Meghalaya chief minister seeks assistance for road projects - Jul 25, 2012
- Need medical help at Shimla airport? Wait for 40 minutes! - Oct 26, 2010
- Chinese intrusion: Dhumal writes to Manmohan Singh - Mar 25, 2012
- Railway budget ignored Himachal: Dhumal - Feb 25, 2011
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- Heli-taxi service planned to Himachal temple - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: arki, baddi, baijnath, bilaspur district, central government, chamba, chandigarh, chief minister, connectivity, ministry of road transport and highways, nalagarh, national highways, palampur, pathankot, road transport, union ministry