Himachal seeks Rs.4,000 crore claim from centreApril 4th, 2012 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 4 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Wednesday asked the central government to expedite its claim of around Rs.4,000 crore against its share of the electricity generated by three Bhakra Beas Management Board hydropower projects.
“Through this august house, I want to make a plea to the central government to settle the claim (of 7.19 percent share in three projects) awarded by the Supreme Court in favour of Himachal Pradesh at the earliest,” Dhumal said in a statement in the assembly.
He said the review petition filed by Punjab and Haryana governments in the apex court, challenging its Sept 27, 2011 order accepting the claim of Himachal Pradesh, was dismissed March 29.
“In the wake of the apex court latest judgment, I request the union government to record its acceptance of the Himachal Pradesh share in the Supreme Court so that the entire amount of the claim could be paid,” Dhumal said.
After the apex court’s judgment last year, the state assessed its arrears to be around Rs.3,963 crore, due to it from November 1966 under the Punjab Reorganisation Act.
The hill state has been receiving an enhanced share of 7.19 percent power (157 MW) from the three power projects after the apex court order in 2011.
- Apex court relief for Himachal on power sharing - Sep 27, 2011
- Himachal seeks 12 percent free power in Bhakra-Beas projects - Dec 15, 2009
- Record power generation by Bhakra Beas board - Jul 14, 2011
- Punjab government to discuss Bhakra security - Jul 18, 2011
- Record power generation by Bhakra, Pong - Sep 21, 2011
- Punjab cautions against possibility of floods - Aug 17, 2011
- Bhakra, Pong level crosses capacity mark - Sep 19, 2011
- Bhakra, Pong dam water levels near top - Sep 08, 2011
- Bhakra Dam reservoir's water level rises - Aug 25, 2011
- Paying minimum wages in rural job scheme: Apex court - Jan 23, 2012
- Constitute pay commission within three months: Himachal court - Dec 29, 2011
- Orissa to wait for apex court verdict on Polavaram - Nov 12, 2010
- Flood gates opened at Himachal's Pong Dam - Aug 18, 2011
- Dam discharge floods low-lying areas in Punjab - Aug 21, 2011
- Blame game over Himachal power plant ordered to be razed - May 20, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, april 4, arrears, central government, chief minister, electricity, favour, governments, haryana, judgment, management board, mw, petition, plea, power projects, punjab, sept 27, shimla, union government