Himachal proposes Rs.20,243 crore budget estimatesMarch 20th, 2012 - 1:30 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 19 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Monday presented the budget estimates for 2012-13 with a proposed outlay of Rs.20,243.92 crore. However, no fresh taxes, except increasing value-added tax on tobacco products, have been imposed.
Presenting his fifth consecutive budget, Dhumal said: “As per the budget estimates, against an expenditure of every Rs.100, the state will have Rs.80.73 as total revenue receipts, including transfers from the central government.”
To check the use of tobacco in the state, VAT on cigarettes and other tobacco products would be increased to 18 percent from 16 percent and on ‘bidis’ from 9.75 percent to 11 percent.
“The MLA local area development fund to be increased from Rs.30 lakh to Rs.50 lakh and MLAs will be authorised to sanction schemes anywhere within the district,” Dhumal said.
To promote tourism in remote areas in the state, the budget has a provision of exemption of luxury tax on all new hotels for a period of 10 years from the date the hotel commissioning.
He said 2012-13 is the first year of the 12th five year plan. “We have proposed a total outlay of Rs.22,800 crore for the 12th plan to the Planning Commission, which is an increase of 65 percent over the 11th Plan.
“We have provided an annual plan outlay of Rs.3,700 crore for 2012-13 as compared to the current years approved outlay of Rs.3,300 crore which marks an increase of 12.12 percent,” Dhumal said.
However, Leader of Opposition Vidya Stokes has termed the budget as anti-common man and anti-farmer. “It’s neither practical nor pragmatic,” she told reporters.
- Tax on alcohol, tobacco products hiked in Meghalaya budget - Mar 19, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 5 - Mar 14, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 3 - Mar 14, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 4 - Mar 14, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 7 - Mar 14, 2012
- No new taxes in Akhilesh's maiden UP budget - Jun 01, 2012
- Prominent hightlights of railway budget for 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 6 - Mar 14, 2012
- Prominent highlights of 2012-13 budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Dhumal presents Rs.16,708.47 crore budget (With image) - Mar 09, 2011
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Experts say excise duty hike was expected - Mar 16, 2012
- What'be cheaper, dearer post Delhi budget - May 28, 2012
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 28, 2012
- Allocation for agriculture up 18 percent - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: 10 years, bidis, budget estimates, central government, chief minister, cigarettes, common man, lakh, leader of opposition, local area, luxury tax, march 19, mlas, plan outlay, planning commission, revenue receipts, rs 50, tobacco products, value added tax, vat