Himachal Pradesh to set up fruit packaging plantAugust 5th, 2008 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 5 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government Tuesday announced it would set up a fruit packaging plant in the state to boost its fruit sales abroad. Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, while interacting with Paul Vaughan, trade commissioner of the New Zealand high commission here, said the state would follow the packaging practices of New Zealand growers.
“We would examine the possibilities of adopting apple and fruit packaging system available with the New Zealand growers in this hill state,” Dhumal said.
According to him, the apple produce was currently being marketed in a number of foreign countries after getting the crop graded. With the packaging plant coming up, the produce could be marketed directly anywhere in the world.
Dhumal added that the state government would explore the possibility of entering into joint ventures with private players for setting up the plant.
Vaughan said New Zealand was keen to develop trade relationship with Himachal Pradesh.
He said the plant would be capable to process 1.5 tons of apple per hour and carry colour sorting, density grading, blemish sorting, single, dual and multi-lane sorting and packing.
- Dhumal opens cold store, apple packing units - Jul 30, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh goes for universal apple cartons - Apr 27, 2012
- Himachal to adopt global apple packaging norms - Apr 03, 2012
- Himachal seeks funds for apple post-harvesting facilities - May 08, 2012
- Adani procures apples from Himachal growers - Aug 14, 2011
- An apple a day to hit your monthly budget - Jul 24, 2011
- Dhumal lays foundation stone of marketing yard - Nov 22, 2010
- Himachal seeks central package for fruit crop loss - Aug 04, 2011
- Himachal dam row spills to Delhi's fruit market - Nov 23, 2010
- Himachal seeks central help to promote apple - Jun 30, 2011
- Dry spell may upset Himachal's applecart - Jul 25, 2012
- Himachal wants import duty on apples hiked - Aug 03, 2011
- Himachal's apples - 70 percent less yield - Nov 01, 2011
- Himachal seeks central funds for roads - Jul 29, 2011
- Himachal to market rotten-apple manure - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: apple, blemish, chief minister, density, foreign countries, fruit sales, himachal pradesh government, joint ventures, new zealand high commission, packaging system, possibilities, private players, state government, trade commissioner, trade relationship