Himachal Pradesh inks deal with Satluj Jal Vidyut NigamOctober 28th, 2008 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 28 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government has signed an agreement with the state-run hydroelectric major Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN) to set up more hydro power projects in the state.SJVN, which set up its maiden 1,500-MW Nathpa Jhakri project in Kinnaur district in September 2003, will now set up two more projects - 775-MW Luhri and 40-MW Dhaulasidh plants - in the state.
The memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed Monday between SJVN chairman-cum-managing director H.K. Sharma and state Principal Secretary (Power) Ajay Mittal.
SJVN is now setting up a 412-MW hydro power project in Rampur, Shimla district.
The Luhri project will be executed on the Sutlej river in Mandi and Kullu districts, while the Dhaulasidh project on the Beas river in Hamirpur district.
The Luhri project, which is located downstream of the Rampur project, had been hanging fire for more than five years.
As per the MoU, the state will get 12 percent of the power generated from the two projects as royalty and 49 percent of the remaining 88 percent at lower rates.
An additional one percent free power from the project will be provided by SJVN for the local area development fund.
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Himachal rivers in spate, alert sounded - Jul 26, 2011
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- Villagers oppose Himachal hydro project - May 08, 2011
- Hydropower projects remain shut, north India hit - Jul 26, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- Jaypee's Himachal hydro unit to be commissioned May 15 - May 11, 2011
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- Record hydropower generation by Himachal plant - Apr 02, 2011
- Satluj Jal Vidyut to set up 40-MW plant in Himachal Pradesh - Oct 06, 2008