Himachal invites private funds for food processingJune 12th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 12 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh is inviting private investments in the food processing industry, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said Tuesday.
“The state has identified food processing as the thrust area and is exploring possibilities in motivating entrepreneurs to set up fruit-based units,” Dhumal said at a function organised by the Baddi Barotiwala Nalagarh Industries Association in Solan district.
He said there was scope for large-scale production of fruit-based value added products in the state.
The chief minister said 79 percent of the industrial investment in the state had been made in Baddi-Barotiwala-Nalagarh (BBN) industrial belt.
“Finished goods worth Rs.1,701 crore have been exported from BBN industrial area in 2011-12,” he said.
The hill state saw investment worth Rs.12,560 crore in medium and small industrial units in the past four years.
- Himachal sanctions Rs.20 crore for Solan industrial belt - Jun 12, 2011
- Himachal's Baddi industrial area to have effluent plant - Nov 17, 2010
- Himachal develops new industrial estate in Baddi - Nov 07, 2010
- Himachal truckers increase freight charges - Sep 18, 2012
- Himachal to set up 10 new industrial estates - Nov 20, 2010
- Himachal invites industrial investments for new estate - Jan 29, 2012
- Himachal gets capital investment subsidy - Jul 16, 2011
- Hero Honda to set up facility in Himachal - Oct 21, 2010
- Industrial package fails to draw much investment in Himachal - Mar 28, 2010
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Himachal to allow industries to get power from private project - Nov 19, 2011
- Banks, insurance companies shut in Himachal - Feb 28, 2012
- Himachal greens upbeat over 'environmental justice' - May 06, 2012
- Canada keen to invest in Himachal: Dhumal - Sep 12, 2011
- 10-year moratorium must on selling land: Himachal panel - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,