Himachal invites industrial investments for new estateJanuary 29th, 2012 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 29 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh has invited investments in the newly-developed industrial estate near Baddi in Solan district, an official said here Sunday.
The industrial estate developed at Davni in Solan district under the Baddi-Barotiwala-Nalagarh industrial area is ready for investment, a spokesperson for the industry department said in a statement.
The estate is spread over an area of 612 ‘bighas’ (one bigha is 0.4 hectare).
The official said an information technology park is being developed in 64.73 acres near Waknaghat on the Chandigarh-Shimla national highway 22 with an outlay of Rs.500 crore.
Official data showS that the present Bharatiya Janata Party government has attracted an investment of Rs.17,253 crore in the past four years by giving approval to set up 4,857 industrial units.
Under the laws of Himachal Pradesh, only permanent residents can buy land in the state. Others, who want to purchase the land for non-agricultural purposes, have to seek relaxation from the government under the Himachal Pradesh Tenancy and Land Reforms Act.
- Himachal develops new industrial estate in Baddi - Nov 07, 2010
- Himachal sanctions Rs.20 crore for Solan industrial belt - Jun 12, 2011
- Himachal to set up 10 new industrial estates - Nov 20, 2010
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- 10-year moratorium must on selling land: Himachal panel - Apr 30, 2012
- Himachal's Baddi industrial area to have effluent plant - Nov 17, 2010
- Guess who wants a home in Himachal? 65,000 people - May 10, 2011
- Himachal gets capital investment subsidy - Jul 16, 2011
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Allow resale of commercial land only in rare cases: Himachal panel - Apr 25, 2012
- Banks, insurance companies shut in Himachal - Feb 28, 2012
- Hero Honda to set up facility in Himachal - Oct 21, 2010
- Himachal packaging units to go on strike - Mar 01, 2010
- Himachal greens upbeat over 'environmental justice' - May 06, 2012
- Nestle to set up facility in Himachal - Oct 03, 2010
Tags: agricultural purposes, baddi, bharatiya janata party, chandigarh, industrial investments, information technology park, jan 29, land reforms, outlay, party government, permanent residents, relaxation, rs 500, spokesperson