Himachal hydel power PSU gets mini ratna statusMay 13th, 2008 - 5:32 pm ICT by admin
Shimla, May 13 (IANS) Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL), a public sector hydel power company based in Himachal Pradesh, was Tuesday given the status of a ‘mini ratna’ by the central government. “SJVNL has been conferred the prestigious status of mini ratna category 1 within only four years of coming into operation,” said a spokesman of the company.
The ‘mini ratna’ status grants enhanced autonomy and delegation of financial powers to profit making companies to make them more efficient and competitive.
SJVNL has built and now runs the country’s largest hydel project - the 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri project.
During the last fiscal year the project generated a record 6,432 million units of energy. This energy is supplied to the power hungry northern grid.
The company is currently in the process of building the 412 MW Rampur project at a cost of Rs.20.47 billion. This project also falls in the Sutlej river basin.
The company has an ambitious plan of additional power generation of 3,000 MW in the 11th and 12th five year plan periods.
SJVNL is jointly owned by Himachal Pradesh and the central government. Last year, the company posted a profit of almost Rs.7 billion.
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- Record hydropower generation by Himachal plant - Apr 02, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011
- SJVNL aims to generate power worth Rs.1,557 crore - Mar 26, 2012
- SJVNL's net sales up by seven percent - Jul 30, 2010
- Hydropower projects remain shut, north India hit - Jul 26, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.330.93 crore dividend - Aug 27, 2011
- Record generation by Himachal hydropower unit - Jun 05, 2010
- Record power generation by Himachal plant - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: additional power, ambitious plan, autonomy, central government, delegation, fiscal year, five year plan, hydel power, hydel project, jal, northern grid, power generation, prestigious status, psu, public sector, river basin, spokesman, sutlej river, units of energy, vidyut