Himachal gives MNREGA workers, servants health coverDecember 18th, 2011 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 18 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Sunday included workers employed under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) and domestic servants in the National Health Insurance Scheme.
MNREGA workers, who got employment for at least 15 days in a year, construction workers, the physically challenged with 70 percent disability, domestic servants and wayside vendors would be eligible for the health insurance scheme by paying a premium of Rs.30, an official statement quoting Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said.
The insurance scheme for the included categories would be made effective from March 1, 2012.
Earlier, the below poverty line (BPL) families came under the purview of the scheme.
The statement said against the national average of 47.43 percent of issuing smart cards to 25,671,740 of 53,909,917 BPL families in the country, the state issued smart cards to 235,131 of the 290,986 BPL families, which was 81 percent.
- Now, workers in unorganised sector under health insurance scheme - Jan 12, 2012
- Government mulling health insurance for domestic workers - Jul 27, 2010
- Government health insurance to cover beedi workers - Mar 15, 2012
- Cashless health insurance for 4.75 mn domestic workers - Jun 23, 2011
- Make MNREGA a success, say PM, Sonia - Feb 02, 2012
- Over 14.5 million covered under social security programme - Nov 29, 2010
- Delayed wages, corruption in MNREGA worry PM, Sonia (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Kashmiri youth benefit from government employment scheme - Feb 26, 2011
- Aadhaar to pilot pensions, wages in 50 districts, says Ramesh - Jul 01, 2012
- Funds for rural employment programme misused: Sonia Gandhi - Feb 02, 2011
- Meghalaya to introduce health insurance scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- Over one lakh 'fake' poor in Tripura: Congress - Jun 26, 2011
- National Social Security Fund to be set up for unorganized sector workers - Feb 26, 2010
- Rahul faces hostility from Amethi college girls - Sep 13, 2012
- Bihar's food security situation alarming, says expert - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: bpl, chief minister, construction workers, days in a year, disability, domestic servants, health cover, health insurance, health insurance scheme, himachal pradesh, insurance, mahatma gandhi, march 1, national health insurance, poverty line, purview, smart cards, wayside, year construction