Himachal for joint ventures with PSUs on power projectsJuly 4th, 2008 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 4 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh is exploring the possibilities of entering into joint ventures with public sector undertakings (PSUs) to set up high-capacity hydro electric projects, official sources said Friday. The state has about 21,000 MW of hydel potential, out of which 6,500 MW has been harnessed. The government is targeting to generate 50 percent of the total hydro power by 2012.
The sources said the state would prefer PSUs, either of the central or state governments, to undertake such projects in which Himachal Pradesh would have equity participation of up to 49 percent.
The 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri project in Kinnaur district is a joint venture between the Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (SJVN) of the central government and the Himachal government.
Presently, the National Hydro Power Corp (NHPC), the National Thermal Power Corp and the SJVN are executing various hydro projects in the state.
These projects, the sources said, would be in a position to generate 12,000 MW by 2012.
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- Jaypee's Himachal hydro unit to be commissioned May 15 - May 11, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- Hydropower generation resumes in Himachal - Jul 30, 2012
- Hydropower projects remain shut, north India hit - Jul 26, 2011
- Jaypee's hydro project in Himachal starts partial generation - Jun 06, 2011
- Power supply restored in Himachal - Jul 31, 2012
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: central government, electric projects, equity participation, himachal government, himachal pradesh, hydro electric, hydro power, hydro projects, jal, joint venture, joint ventures, july 4, mw, nigam ltd, power projects, psus, public sector undertakings, sjvn, state governments, vidyut