Himachal debt rises to Rs.25,313.70 croreMarch 27th, 2012 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 27 (IANS) The debt burden of Himachal Pradesh has increased to Rs.5,140.56 crore over the past four years, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said here Tuesday.
“The debt from January 2008 to January 2012 has increased from Rs.20,173.14 crore to Rs.25,313.70 crore,” Dhumal, who holds the finance portfolio, said in a written reply to the state assembly.
He said the loans from the government of India as on January 2012 was Rs.977.11 crore.
The outstanding guarantees were Rs.3,793.54 crore as on January 2012. It was Rs.2,018.81 crore in January 2008.
Dhumal in his budget speech said the implementation of the Pay Commission recommendations had impacted the finances of the state.
“The erroneous recommendations of the 13th Finance Commission underestimating the committed liabilities of the state have further adversely affected the finances of the state. Had the commission given us an increase equal to that of the other states, the state would have received an additional transfer of Rs.10,725 crore in five years.
“We have urged the government of India to give us a special financial package of Rs.5,214 crore for two years to mitigate the impact of adverse recommendations of the finance commission,” he said.
The chief minister said despite the financial constraints, the government has released financial benefits of over Rs.5,400 crore in the last four years to its employees.
- Himachal spent Rs.2.36 crore on security for IPL matches - May 17, 2012
- Himachal's loan liability is Rs.26,651 crore - Aug 29, 2012
- Dhumal in please-all mode in election year (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 03, 2012
- Each Himachal citizen now carries Rs.3.7 crore debt - Aug 31, 2011
- Himachal legislators to get fat salary hike - Apr 05, 2012
- Dhumal government woos its babus with eye on polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 24, 2012
- Himachal's fiscal liabilities up 46 percent: CAG - Apr 06, 2012
- Punjab seeks complete loan waiver - May 08, 2012
- Himachal offers sops to employees - Jun 18, 2012
- Himachal proposes Rs.20,243 crore budget estimates - Mar 20, 2012
- Himachal seeks Rs.3,000 crore assistance - Aug 24, 2010
- Another pre-poll sop for over 300,000 'babus' (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- Fortis Healthcare posts consolidated global revenue at Rs.1,409 crore - Aug 14, 2012
- Falling prices, few buyers make Himachal financially powerless - Sep 05, 2012
- Bengal proposes 11.6 percent rise in plan outlay - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: budget speech, chief minister, commission recommendations, crore, debt burden, finance portfolio, financial constraints, government of india, guarantees, implementation, liabilities, loans, reply, state assembly